Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SavageCorona

The excruciating ear pain song / OH GOD WHAT IS THIS NOISE

My temporary microphone, Mr Camera has decided that he's going to be a whiny little bitch whenever I try to use him, however I managed to make a rather interesting tune from hitting various things around my desk while it roared at my speakers. It's obviously no Beethoven or Mozart, but it's still better than Skrillex.

Listen to it here because I can't upload to YouTube yet as WMM is otherwise engaged: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1j8o8Qrvb8j (1 minute 30 seconds)

Please for the sake of your ears TURN YOUR SOUND DOWN BEFORE YOU OPEN IT, it's VERY loud and I don't want people bitching that I exploded their ears. I mean very loud as in Terry trap loud. It's loud enough to deafen you and you'll still be able to hear it when you're deaf.

Speaking of Terry, I swear to god if Terry uses this in a trap I'll do something unimaginable to him like force him to sit there and listen to every sound he's ever put in a trap at full volume.

Very avantgarde, dude. Reminds me of my disturbing post hell audio thread (BTW, I must restore the audio file, link is broken :-/ )

I've gotten similar results by having software playthrough on with Audacity while recording from the microphone, which results in a sort of continuous audio feedback (that volume buildup at the beginning is very similar). Normally, you'd hear a high-pitched squealed, through a normal analog setup, but due to digital filtering, low sample rates etc. the feedback usually gets deformed in more interesting ways. Yours sounds like a small transistor radio running on very low batteries and saturating (transistor "farting" ;-)

And yeah, it's better than most all Dubstep "songs". With some careful editing and manipulation, it could make a passable Acid Trax substitute.

I'd like a fixed link to that, it sounds interesting. I opened a bunch of PH links before and it gave me some interesting tunes. Never managed to get it to crackle before though.

That's pretty awesome the way you can get really odd effects just by playing a sound/song more than once, or by having a shitty microphone.

Lüt said:

Sounds like when my washing machine went bad.

SavageCorona said:

Washing machines can create excessive squawking sounds? Mine just makes a gentle whirring sound.

Now imagine if a Cyberdemon could make such sounds, or if Doom contained an algorithmic/constructivist music and sound effects engine, kinda like Moondust and Inside a Star Filled Sky...

Most old oil and ship engines produce interesting and similar sounds:

SavageCorona said:

Listen to it here because I can't upload to YouTube yet as WMM is otherwise engaged: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1j8o8Qrvb8j (1 minute 30 seconds)

Sounds reminiscent of 80s Merzbow. I can't find any from that era on YT to demonstrate, but this should give you an idea at least:

Huzzah for noise!

That's an odd section to quote isn't it?

That does sound very similar though. It's almost like the Sanic Hegehog theme song, where either the treble or bass is increased to ludicrous levels.