Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tatsurd-cacocaco

TAS (tools-assisted) demos

I don't know very well make a tasruns, and this run isn't optimized enough ^^

I noticed I missed one rocket near the end shooting some revenants... so I redid that bit, and pushed the time down to 3:29

(replace my old demo with this one for DSDA)

EDIT: I noticed I ended with 220 plasma cells, so I will try to cut down even more time by not grabbing the plasma box near the 3 cybers.

hf24x329.zip

Ultimate doom episode 2 uv-fast in 17:22 [time does not include e2m8]
So much berserk punching heh

times for this episode:

e2m1: 1:15
e2m2: 2:49
e2m3: 1:31
e2m4: 2:51
e2m5: 2:49
e2m9: 0:45
e2m6: 2:50
e2m7: 2:32
e2m8: 0:20

[don't upload to DSDA yet]

e2fa1722.zip

Plut said:

How can I open a demo in XDRE?

File->Load Demo. If you want to load a specific IWAD or PWAD, you have to specify that in the parameters when you open XDRE.

4shockblast said:

File->Load Demo.

"I_SignalHandler: Exiting on signal: signal 11"

Plut said:

"I_SignalHandler: Exiting on signal: signal 11"

It could be a demo with the wrong -complevel. XDRE only supports vanilla.

Plut said:

It's complevel 9 :). DRE as well don't supports Boom format?

Never tried, but I doubt it since XDRE is a modified version of DRE.

xepop said:

You can try my latest attempt at building something useful but I haven't tested boom formats:
http://users.jyu.fi/~jomihaka/xdre/

Not exactly. And not anymore.

Nice improvement over the version on the DSDA. I tried some things with cl9 on nochance.wad, and it seems like XDRE2 can be used to open a demo already recorded with cl9 (it shows the correct movements), but I can't use it to record a demo (it shows correctly in the editor, but, after I save the demo, it desyncs even if I force the -complevel).

I loaded demo in XDRE. But as I see, XDRE adds new ticks to the demo. WTF?
First beyond real demo is "gb128 sr80 tl87 fw"

Plut said:

I loaded demo in XDRE. But as I see, XDRE adds new ticks to the demo. WTF?

If you're using old XDRE and the demo was previously recorded with PrBoom+, you will see a bunch of seemingly random tics at the end of the demo. I think (though I'm not sure, since I never fully investigated this) that those tics are the PrBoom+ recording information that is written after the demo recording (if you open a demo file recorded in PrBoom+ as a text document, you could see the -complevel and IWAD/PWAD the demo was recorded on at the end of the textfile), except that this was not a feature in vanilla Doom, and the old XDRE only supports vanilla, so it just converts the words into tics. You may delete those tics, since they are not important to the demo. XDRE2 (I just checked) doesn't add those tics. If some other tics are added to the demo, then I'm not sure why they would be added.

Another build-demo-noob question:
I loaded demo in XDRE 2. But when I switch to other tic, XDRE shows only first tic and nothing more.

Plut said:

Another build-demo-noob question:
I loaded demo in XDRE 2. But when I switch to other tic, XDRE shows only first tic and nothing more.

That seems to be specific to XDRE2. When you click another tic, it doesn't show that tic, and you are still on the first tic. In order to switch tics you either have to increment/decrement (i/j by default) or skip forward/backward a certain number of tics (to skip forward you enter .# (# stands for number of tics you want to skip) and space; backward's the same, except instead of '.' you type ','). These controls can be changed to suit your preferences. Also, when you load XDRE2 without loading a demo, XDRE2 shows a black screen; if you enter any command into it, the black screen will change to the game screen.

Strange, but no one key doesn't work for me, Options->Set keys doesn't work too.
Sorry for so many questions.

Plut said:

Strange, but no one key doesn't work for me, Options->Set keys doesn't work too.
Sorry for so many questions.

Hm... Make sure that you are in the text box in the upper right corner before you enter anything. Also, any command that uses only letters is activated as soon as you enter it; if a command uses a number parameter, though, you have to enter the command, a number after it, and space (i.e. "re20 " turns you left 20 units). Options->Set keys isn't implemented yet, I think. In order to change or view the key commands, you have to go to the AppData folder (C:\Users\yourusername\AppData in Windows 7) - it's a hidden folder, so you have to manually make it visible. I have a folder inside AppData called Roaming (don't know if it's the same for every comp), and, inside it, there's a file called xdre.ini. If you open it in Notepad, you will be able to see different actions you can do in xdre and the keys bound to them. If you change the keys in Notepad and save, xdre will now use the changed keys for the actions.