Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death Egg

Doom 64 for Doom II

I completely forgot. This map requires some compatibility options set in order to work as intended in ZDoom-derived ports. I've included the MAPINFO lump.

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/2f83e71a83/

Ragnor said:

I hate that yellow key >_>

Yeah, that puzzle is kinda unfair. I gave an additional visual clue, but it's not very obvious.

Ragnor said:

Parts of it were highly unsettling to begin with, I wonder how bad it is now :p

With PC Doom's cheerful graphics? Well, I dunno. :)

Looking at OP, seems to be four blank slots -- are the rest of the maps complete (or nearing completion)? Just want to know the status on this project since I'm pretty hyped for it.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Dragonsbrethren said:

I'm gonna relinquish MAP04, I haven't touched it in weeks and I'm not happy with the texture scheme I chose. Looking forward to what someone else does with it. :)

I'd be more than happy to pick up MAP04 for you, if Werecat would rather not. I'm really struggling on Unholy Temple and could use a break from it. :P

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I've already taken MAP23, by the way. I know I already said that like 12 times but I want to reiterate that to prevent confusion.

btw, I'm also gonna take MAP24 unless someone else wants it.

Update on Breakdown.(switch texture too short will be remedied)
I'll try to post a little snapshot every day to get back on track and add a milestone that motivates me.
On top of that too much of a visual deviation can be avoided.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Da Werecat said:

Just to clarify: are we still vanilla-compatible?

At no point have any of my maps left vanilla compat status, and as I understand it neither does anyone else's

Da Werecat said:

I completely forgot. This map requires some compatibility options set in order to work as intended in ZDoom-derived ports. I've included the MAPINFO lump.

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/2f83e71a83/

Yeah, that puzzle is kinda unfair. I gave an additional visual clue, but it's not very obvious.

With PC Doom's cheerful graphics? Well, I dunno. :)

Ah yes, I forgot this bit, but Final Outpost is now the last regular moonbase map. To stick within vanilla Doom 2's episodes, Cat and Mouse is the last moonbase map, but its a boss map :]

I finally got that bloody yellow key, the solution is so in your face yet so hidden :|

Even Simpler is trolling me hard now, I think players might be a bit confused at the difficulty spike in its new Map 7 slot. Also makes me really appreciate the effort it must take to emulate/alter all the traps and level shifts that Doom 64's updated engine does.

Piper Maru: There was a Mother Demon made by Obsidian that didnt get used, if theres still going to be a version two after release with the excusive monsters included you'll be able to fight her there.

Everyone else: How is the story text being handled? I looked at a guide and apparently the only story text is after Final Outpost, and entering the secret levels. I would assume Outpost Omega's text will be after Even Simpler, and Final Outposts's will naturally be after Cat and Mouse, whats going in the Level 20 text slot? Something new, or one of the secret levels that are now in the main levels text?

BaronOfStuff said:

What am I looking at? Something from a D!Zone compilation?

Calm down , I'm just getting started , just wanted to show the basics.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
joe-ilya said:

Calm down , I'm just getting started , just wanted to show the basics.

Baron seems pretty calm to me. Most people aren't going to have a clear idea of what they're looking at unless you tell us. Anyway, the shot looks really bare. What part of MAP21 is it?

It's the checkpoint building you'll have to get back for every cave you explore there's a switch and a teleport at the end and the caves has 2 themes:the mudfall and the dry cave with lots of cliffs and "jumping" tricks.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Da Werecat said:

I asked because those tiny shadows looked rather 'expensive'.

You have no idea. They were generating about 80+ visplanes on their own until I decided it was better to change them.

More from No Escape (MAP24): http://imgur.com/a/O1WGN

You guys are awesome! I really like what I've seen from all the maps.
After this is finished I'll be doing a play-through of it on youtube for sure. I've never actually played Doom 64 so this will be like all new content for me.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Rayzik said:

You guys are awesome! I really like what I've seen from all the maps.
After this is finished I'll be doing a play-through of it on youtube for sure. I've never actually played Doom 64 so this will be like all new content for me.

My aim in my maps is to reproduce a familiar scene, but with new twists and different gameplay; I hope everyone else is doing the same. You should still play Doom 64 even after playing this mod.

Fisk said:

different gameplay

My maps are pretty straightforward ports in this regard. With occasional tweaks and surprises.

joe-ilya said:

Going to need some comparison screenshots, I don't recognise what you're remaking at all. Which map was it in Doom 64?

BaronOfStuff said:

Going to need some comparison screenshots, I don't recognise what you're remaking at all. Which map was it in Doom 64?

It's "Cat and mouse" without a cyberdemon , just wide large hallways with side areas and big canyons with a lava in the centre. And big enemies , like mancubus , arachtrons , barons , chaingunners , cacos , PE. (no AV because all the areas are wide open)