Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SavageCorona

Any good Strife WADs?

Are there any actually good WADs for Strife? I looked on ModDB and there were just a few weapon and enemy replacement mods. I want something that actually changes the gameplay entirely rather than just replacing things, or just having the same sort of gameplay but set out differently.

23mb holy shit, this better be good.

My mind is still in the 90s, 23mb is huge and the economy is great.

It's a pretty good and rather faithful to keeping old Strife gameplay with nice fitting music, cool Strife architecture and an initially confusing start.

Any more?

There's only a handful of Strife wads in the archive, including another map from Khorus and a couple from Kaiser that should be worth some of your time.

Yeah, pretty mush everything for it has already been posted. There is an upcoming Strife project though.

Eris Falling said:

Absolute Order by Khorus. Not played it myself, because I don't have Strife, but it won a Cacoward last year, so it must be pretty good.

You owe it to yourself to get Strife. Ive been using Strifeguy as an avatar in places for years :D

It is seriously good. It's actually rather challenging both in terms of how difficult it is and mentally because it's sometimes hard to figure things out because it doesn't give you any clues as to what you're meant to do other than pressing O gives you a mission objective, which is written in cryptic second person, rather than simple bulletpoints. It also doesn't take off things you've done so that sometimes gets confusing if you come back to it after a while. It also has RPG elements that not even Hexen could match, giving you accuracy and speed stats, optional sidequests (some are just there to trick you like that one to steal the chalice) and somewhat hard to navigate maps for those quests.

Strife!

Thanks to people for mentioning my work. I'm not very happy with what I've made for the game so far, but maybe some fun can be had from the two releases I've put out for it. I have a third project in the very early stages of creation, but it's rather low priority. Still noodling around until I find some ideas that stick. omgproof;

And yes, Strife is worth a play through. It has the best level design of all the Doom engine games, in my opinion, though there are a couple of duds.

You might wanna do a search for Strife on the ZDoom forum's Projects section to find a few more.

Khorus said:

though there are a couple of duds.

Fuckin' sewers. The most difficult to navigate map EVER. Hated every second wading through it and kept running out of environmental suits so I eventually wasted like 200 gold because I kept getting lost and spent like an hour in there, and apparently the entire floor is poison, save a few areas like the area with the beggars and the control rooms.