Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death Egg

Doom 64 for Doom II

Wasn't Cat and Mouse already done?

Genuine question, I thought it was but could be wrong.

Joe, I really don't think this or any other good project you try to join in is for you. You don't follow guidelines and your maps are subpar to project standards. You're better off staying with the Doomworld Mega Project since it will take any map regardless of quality.

joe-ilya said:

Then I can make it as doom 64s map21 since it has "the chasm" idea.

I'm not being funny, but go back and read this topic from the beginning. We're not making original maps, and if you'd screwed your fucking head on and paid attention you would have known that.

joe-ilya said:

unclickable thumbnails

Yeah, great, for a map that's going to be rejected because it's not following guidelines or even relevant to the project.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Yeah bro, I'm sorry, but you're not part of the project. :P The screens you've shown have little-to-no relevance to anything, and certainly don't look like Doom 64 MAP21.

Fisk said:

Yeah bro, I'm sorry, but you're not part of the project. :P The screens you've shown have little-to-no relevance to anything, and certainly don't look like Doom 64 MAP21.

Because of the sky texture I'll remove it and make the cave darker as well as the rest of the map.

No sky texture , darker cave.

^
It's not solid black block.
I guess your monitor gamma is too low , because you know , this is doom 64's default design.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
joe-ilya said:

I guess I'll start on MAP21 later tonight since nobody else wants to do it.

joe-ilya said:

this is doom 64's default design.

Screw the haters, Joe, you're a good kid.

Holy crap, I let things get way out of control with my map. I once again lost almost all of my progress (For the second god-damn time!) and I just don't have the time to re-do it again.. I'm sorry I went so long without posting this, i inteded to a while ago. I would upload my progress, but there isn't anything to show aside from a few underdetailed rooms...

This project is awesome. I'm really sorry for dropping out so late, you all can slap me if you please. (Seriously, go ahead. I was irresponsible.)

I thought it was quite funny. And it already sounds like he knows he's out so I think that remark is a little unnecessary.

Fisk said:

I guess I'll start on MAP21 later tonight since nobody else wants to do it.

Hmm, if I wasn't so preoccupied with other things, I'd give this one a try. Pitfalls is my favorite for some reason. :P

Breakdown/Red Key room.

Map so far - outside labyrinth has yet to be done, exit room and some extra secrets need work.

this is pretty cool stuff. is this going to use Doom 64-ish styled ambient music, or something different altogether? cuz i have an dark ambient-styled WIP i could finish up for this, or give to someone else who wants it.

Doomhuntress said:

cuz i have an dark ambient-styled WIP i could finish up for this, or give to someone else who wants it.

MIDI?

_bruce_ said:

Map so far - outside labyrinth has yet to be done, exit room and some extra secrets need work.

Nice curves. Looks pleasantly abstract.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Doomhuntress said:

this is pretty cool stuff. is this going to use Doom 64-ish styled ambient music, or something different altogether? cuz i have an dark ambient-styled WIP i could finish up for this, or give to someone else who wants it.

I had planned on penning some music for this mod based on what the others here were most interested in. A kind of dark-ambient style of MIDI crossed my mind. If what you have fits and everyone likes it I'll probably end up going the same route.