Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
demonspawn

Is the megawad the ultimate doom no end in sight still being worked on?

Yes, it takes people a while to map, especially if they're of the Xaserian breed. (Known to the common man as the Elusive Mapping Sloth), it will be done when it's done.

Thanks for the interest. There is this law of diminishing returns. I have heard it said that when something is 80% complete you are only 20% done with it. Rest assured it will be released some day. Check my last post on the thread to see the various factors affecting it's release.

EDIT: I just noticed that my post is closed. I didn't know that was something that happened. Anyone know what causes this?

NaturalTvventy said:

EDIT: I just noticed that my post is closed. I didn't know that was something that happened. Anyone know what causes this?

Not a clue, but I just unlocked it for you.

I DID SOME WORK ON THIS IN DENMARK! Huzzah! It's the state of my life at the moment that rarely have time to map except when I am traveling.

Also, NT, I the working title of my E4 map is "The Blood Beneath."

NaturalTvventy said:

Awesome, thanks!

You know you can reopen your own threads (i.e. ones you started), right? I closed it to avoid extraneous chatter, with it in mind that if you actually had an update to post, you would be able to.

Grazza said:

You know you can reopen your own threads (i.e. ones you started), right? I closed it to avoid extraneous chatter, with it in mind that if you actually had an update to post, you would be able to.

That would've completely blocked me (the other major contributor and the sloth in question) from posting an update, though. Preventing "extraneous chatter" in such a manner seems highly counterproductive to me, given that it's more or less the whole point of a forum anyway. :P

While on the topic, there's been a whole lot of unnecessary thread locks in recent years (one late example of which being the "What are the armor bonuses?" thread). They just get closed randomly with no explanation, i.e. no flamewars or even megabumps in some cases. Why exactly is this?

[LATE-EDIT] Link to referenced thread added for posterity n' whatnot.