Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
j4rio

Your Second Best Gaming Experience?

The first being doom of course. Preferably just 1 pick so I'll have less stuff to choose from to waste time on. Obviously genre or age of games don't matter.

Best gaming experience I've had was a friend and I taking turns in Sonic CD's Time Attack mode trying to best each other's times. I love that kinda shit.

Two dead MMOs. Also stuff like Jayextee and Avoozl mentioned, where (IMHO) the game isn't as important as the person you're playing with.

...Now, best gaming experience applicable to someone else? I'd have to go with Dark Souls.

X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter, I destroyed several joysticks trying to outmanuever missiles on my tail.

Probably Super Mario Kart. I used to have the most records on the NTSC version of the Non-NBT site, but now this French guy has the most (it's the guy I posted a video of where he counts to like thirty thousand or something). DAMN YOU EUROPE :)

Need For Speed: High Stakes

The only game to actually satisfy my need for speed. So incredibly awesome.

The hours and hours of playing Fallout and Fallout 2, eating Runts, and listening to Rob Zombie.

Doom isn't my best, actually, though discovering Doombuilder probably qualifies as second best. Getting the key to the basement in Mario 64 qualifies as I was the first of my sibs to do it (my sisters actually played vidyagames back then). That whole game was one great experience for me and really does hold up as my favorite.

Sorry, Doom.

I'm not really a well-versed gamer, I've probably played 20-30 times less games than most people here. However, it is still a very difficult question for me because when I find a game I like, usually I play it a lot. So almost every game that I didn't delete after about 2 days is very special to me.
Probably the best experience was playing custom Tower Defense maps for Warcraft 3 on unofficial server about 7 years ago. But I think everyone already moved on to Starcraft 2, so you should get that if you're interested in trying these maps.
Elastomania was fucking awesome too, but I played for like 2 years and still sucked ass so I quit. Never understood how people can control and "feel" the bike so well. Prepare to spend a LOT of time if you want to get any good at it.

I once played Goldeneye with my brother, it was the facility map and I was in one of the side tank rooms of the main hallway, I had a PP7 and he had the Golden Gun, I killed him with a head shot the moment he opened the door and entered the room. This is more of a best moment I guess, earliest best moment anyway.

Thats hard as there are so many of the older games I love to bits.....but I suppose I would pick Worms & Reinforcements because I played that way too much, so I obviously liked it.

Not so much newer games, but if I had to pick one I think the Mass Effect series was pretty awsome!

16-player Quake LAN battles in the high school computer lab. Absolute favorite was setting the gravity to 100 on E1M7. Pure insanity.

Frequent 4-way LAN sessions on C&C and C&C:RA. Hours of fun, ending a day with heavy doses of base-fucking team-switches and everyone eventually resorting to selling up and sending a mad infantry rush into the centre of the map.

Definitely 007 Goldeneye for the N64 being my second best.

Off-topic regarding my best gaming experience - Paper Mario.

One of my best experiences was all out warfare in Worms: Armageddon for the N64. My friend used to have it so for a while we'd play it whenever I was at his place or he'd bring it over to my house and we'd play it there. Along with the occasional 3rd-4th player we would go back and forth for hours, namely laughing at the hilarious ways we could kill each other. There are several occasions I remember actually breaking down laughing on replay because of the ridiculous ways we managed to kill each other.

Good times man. Good times.

I remember playing need for speed underground several years ago and got stuck on one of the latter races, I could not win that race.
I then started a new game one day and 10 hours later I had beaten the game without any problem whatsoever. Probably the only time I've dedicated an entire day to a video game.
I guess quake or half life would be the second best experience. I played Quake in 1998 when I got my first computer and found that game to be awesome.

Doom is number one so number two is a competition between Quake (multi player), Duke3D, Half Life or SoF Platinum (released in March 2000, you could see the programming against Saddam Hussein back then with the Iraq mission and aftermath of the 1999 NATO bombing of Serbia with the Kosovo part etc).

Perhaps it's because Ubisoft recently put up an absolutely shitty concept of Might and magic, copying legend of grimrock, up for early access on steam, but I loved playing MM7, 8, 6, and even 9 through as a kid. The seemingly endless quests to kill monsters and save the world with an RPG system bordering on (and sometimes, in realtime combat, actually) FPS gameplay, was engaging and fun. Not to mention they had a card game within the game! Arcomage games could easily add another 5 hours to the game. It's just a really well done series and I wish jon van canegham would gather up the old crew and make one last game to end the series (and fuck ubisoft, they can license it or something).

Dark Forces, Level 3: Anoat Sewers.

Never in my childhood was gaming more terrifying, and I didn't even have speakers to play with. No sound, darkness, and monsters that popped out of the garbage. Lack of ammo and batteries. Best game related thrills of my childhood.

Wherever would I be today without GGPO?

Rollercoaster Tycoon also was simply the shit for me in the early 2000's, it's too bad the game has problems on 7 now where you can't save/load the parks you made