Rate it.  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Rate it.

• Terrible.
    • Ugly
    • Not bad
    • Good, a way to go.
    • Excellent.

you go and put a reasonable amount of ammo into your map and i will test it. ...in a way that doesn't require me to waste my life on figuring out "that one right route" you probably had in mind for it, which is like the map feels right now.

agreed with "AtTheGates" xD
no facken ammo or weapons
btw why is my guy bleeding @ 130hp? xD

It doesn't matter how much detail you try putting in, because your map plays like shit. No ammo, no infighting, some retarded back-and-forth adventure through a series of identical platforms looking for one particular route... what were you aiming for with this project?

Because you fucking missed everything important.

For starters, ammo is drooped by killing enemies, some weapons can be achieved by entering new areas, the guy is bleeding because i gave him health of "999hp", sure you'll die a lot, but if you know how to fight your way through you'll finish it just fine.

Design's still piss-poor because Hellknights and Imps don't drop ammo, and they're everywhere. Are we supposed to just Shotgun our way through most of this shit until we find whatever meagre rations you've placed?

And giving the player a ludicrous maximum health just speaks volumes on your inability to make a map that's balanced around the default stats. What happened? You built something, couldn't clear it so just increased player health? That's incredibly shitty.

This map's awful, full of nooby over-ambitious shit, and you know it.

saifi said:

sure you'll die a lot, but if you know how to fight your way through you'll finish it just fine.

I would like to just point out to you that this logic is a wrong approach to mapping. In my opinion at least. It's unfair. In my definition of a good fair challenging map, it should always be beatable on the first try without dying if you're a really good player. I'm not, and many people aren't, I know, but the map should give at least a chance. And not teleport in groups of hitscanners without cover.

In other words - what Da Werecat says below.

and you guys like "Sunder", why?
I tried to make it look like it, but i guess i was wrong.

The problem is that it's very difficult to make a map that is challenging yet fair on the first try but doesn't become too easy on subsequent playthroughs. Usually you either have to sacrifice FDA-friendliness, or you get a map that just isn't difficult enough when you already know everything about it. Since the author obviously can't play his map FDA-style, it is understandable that he chooses the former to get more enjoyment out of the level.

sorry didnt mean to bash your work
i played like 10min and i didnt get past the masterminds, i kinda like the map tho i havent seen much, but this no ammo or weapons ruins it.
the barons are stuck in the elevator and have to be killed to get past through them, so, its really tough and annoying thats all :)

saifi said:

and you guys like "Sunder", why?
I tried to make it look like it, but i guess i was wrong.

You cannot be serious with this statement. The scale and freedom of movement in Sunder is the complete opposite of this clusterfuck of narrowness and obstructions. Even Sunder's tighter maps allow you space to navigate past or around the hordes well enough to get them in a position that gives you a better chance.

Not to mention, Sunder also plays fairly and gives you cover to wait behind when a flurry of shit and hitscans start piling your way.

BaronOfStuff said:

It doesn't matter how much detail you try putting in, because your map plays like shit. No ammo, no infighting, some retarded back-and-forth adventure through a series of identical platforms looking for one particular route... what were you aiming for with this project?

Because you fucking missed everything important.

Play it on ITYTD with cheats and upload it to youtube , ;P

BaronOfStuff said:

I know what you're trying to do, and nope. Not getting a video out of me with that one.

Phew , good , now do videos for doom 64.