Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Jimi - They're in there actually, there's 2 by the bloody mess at the very back of the shot, not visible. First demons underground might be a bit cliche, but I like that they're hard to see.

LigH: I think I'm actually making a map slightly less linear this time, so it all depends which route you take. Given that the cavern storage is very accessible, it could be about 10 seconds in.

GreyGhost: Cheers, I'll try it out.

Bump for some new crate patches. They'll replace their respectively numbered crate in-game. They have been enlarged 4x - The originals are 64x64.

I'm not sure about 08. I tried holding it together with straps rather than metal clamps like the others, but I think it might be better with clamps instead.
For the record, I'm replacing the crates that appeared in CC4-tex, including the small variants (DSEP 01, 04, 06 and 07) and the wide variants (09, 10, 11 and 12). I was even thinking of tall variants as well, but I may not bother with those. CC4 crates not being replace are those uber tiny 16 tall ones, and the SHAWN based crates, as there's no need to replace them.

If you want to inform us about every small step in the development of your project, maybe it's time to open a new thread for that? :)

Just maybe ;)
heh, I was planning on creating a thread eventually, but felt it was too early development wise for that. Despite the billion shots I've posted in here, this literally only consists of 1 skybox, several new sprites, 3 boxes, and about 5% of the first map :P I don't know if that warrants a new thread. I'm under the assumption threads are usually created after the first map is done.
When I do though, I'll be sure to open a Facebook page and a wikia and shit and release it in two thraeds and release a dlc and create 2 accounts called eros falling and eris failing to nominate it for cacoward twice!!

Ahem. Yeah, I do put stuff in here too much, but only because this thread is often really good for feedback, so if something's not right, I can correct it nice and quickly without letting it slip and forgetting about it.

So, took another swipe at this bastard hallway - simplified the lighting, for a cleaner look.

(comparison)

Still work in progress - I'm not sure if I like it yet. I do miss the lighting strips on the sides, but after experimenting with a bazillion different ways of doing it to the previous scheme, I came to the conclusion that these directional floor/ceiling light-fields just don't work so well at sizes that small.

@Eris: Bah, keep it coming!

durian, that is one of the best lighting effects I have seen outside GZDoom!

And with that said the baron section of the habitat map replacement I was making for TNT is coming together nicely, room by room:
The room has windows:

This map is an experiment with marble textures by the way:

The room has multiple elevated platforms that will house hit scanners:

mrthejoshmon said:

And with that said the baron section of the habitat map replacement I was making for TNT is coming together nicely,

Dude , that's "barons den" not habitat.

mrthejoshmon, your rate of improvement is astonishing. Compare these last 3 to some of your stuff from not long ago.

EDIT: Just to properly compare it
27 July 2013

Today, one month later

mrthejoshmon said:

And with that said the baron section of the habitat map replacement I was making for TNT is coming together nicely, room by room:

Grrreeeeeennnnn...

Aside from that, looks quite interesting.

I enjoy seeing the stuff Eris is posting. The name Eridian Twilight also amuses me, as Kyka's TNT2 Map 29 was once called Veridian Twilight :p

Obsidian said:

Hmm, this doesn't look suspicious...
http://oi39.tinypic.com/5f206x.jpg

Unfortunately, this was one-upped by Chris Klie, the end of E1 of Lost episodes is a map entirely comprised of a room like this, with one thats much bigger and more foreboding.

Oh damn it, I even remember that name being suggested. It's a very cool name, even though I apparently tried to steer him away from it. I must have been subconsciously planning Eridian Twilight since I registered here.
Shame he ditched the green stuff in the end. It really stood out amongst the screenshots being posted there.

Looks nice Durian. Is that METAL2/TEKWALL a custom texture or is there a thin border I can't identify?

Thanks! Tis a border; in these shots it's quite thin - 6 units I think - since originally there were a few more layers to these walls, with the light strip at the back, and so it worked best to have them set quite close together. But now that I've removed the light strip and delayered the walls, I've pushed them back to 16 units from the border, potentially making room for something(?)

I recognize some of those textures from Torm's "Too much Brown" pack. :P Looking good, keep it up!

Looking a bit aztec, funny; but the strong contrast makes the reliefs a bit too cartoonish, maybe?

Obsidian said:

I recognize some of those textures from Torm's "Too much Brown" pack. :P Looking good, keep it up!

Yep, i'm using Too much brown and Ogro as textures(and some doom textures too).

Also, thanks man, i'll keep posting more pics here from time to time. Really glad someone appreciated it xD.

I would like the font numbers from that hud, I have developed the habit of changing the font numbers for gzdooms alt hud whenever I get tired of the last one I use.

Eris Falling said:

Oh damn it, I even remember that name being suggested. It's a very cool name, even though I apparently tried to steer him away from it. I must have been subconsciously planning Eridian Twilight since I registered here.
Shame he ditched the green stuff in the end. It really stood out amongst the screenshots being posted there.

Trust me on this, its better in brown. I've played through both versions :p I was disheartened at first by the change, but the level is so much more atmospheric now. I'll enjoy playing it a third time in the full wad, provided I don't have to test it again. I wonder what the name of the level is now?

joe-ilya: It is Habitat, I just added a section of the map dedicated to the hell knight and baron of hell.

Eris Falling: Thanks, Lets just say I observed the structure and look of other, greater mappers than I and took some notes on detail and lighting.

CorSair: Thanks! I love green.

durian: Thanks!

-

And now the 2rd room of the baron section is coming along nicely so far:

Extra supports coming from the pillar as well as gargoyle pillars that I just grew fond of:

Not sure about this texture, but it does create variation in the map:

And this wall took a while to do, 1 pixel width walls helped:

That armor bar is wrong. Did I mess up the code in that somewhere :S