Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reinchard666

Reinchards high resolution textures and sprites - demo available

Very interesting shots.
Looks of map and model are a mix of cool and idiotic.
Hats off to the modeler because the model looks extremely bodacious with lovely crafted texture. Though it doesn't represent the character of the pinky at all.

Doom is such a finely calibrated thing... dangerous ground when trying to add to it.

If you talking about tech-pillar and monitor models - they were there accidentally. This map is still very wip and I'm test many things in it, so there is little mess.

Reinchard666 said:

If you talking about tech-pillar and monitor models - they were there accidentally. This map is still very wip and I'm test many things in it, so there is little mess.

Looking forward to your progress.
No worries - art wise you're ace. It's just the overall look that's off as of now.

That demon model is great. Only feedback for changes would be the upper teeth being flat, not sharp like the lower teeth and the lips of the demons mouth seems a bit odd.

awesome stuff :o)

The demon reminds me of spongebob , mainly because of those flat upper tooth , and the lips look stupid , looks like he's trying to make a baby laugh instead of being scary.

That 3d demon looks pretty goofy, I think the problem is the facial features are too exaggerated: mouth to large, lips too flappy, eyes too wide, horns too big, top teeth too peggy.

Here's my attempt at photoshopping it to something closer to the original

No rivets in the middle of MIDGRATE? And personally, I'd make the bars a different colour to the horizontal bits. Maybe less rust.

Very nice! I feel like I can see the heads of some of the demons in the middle rivets, specifically the Baron and the Cyber. Anyone else seeing this?
Quick question, sorry if it's been asked before, but how do you make these?

Yes, I am quite jealous of your talent. Your work, when released, will force me to add HD support to my software port!

Here is finished MIDGRATE:
http://i.xomf.com/lrygh.png

And here is first, rough version of BIGDOOR6:

As uoy can see the biggest problem is the lion. I try make them as close to the original as possible, but in low resolution difference between my version and original is very evident.

Eris Falling - first I'm make 3d version of original texture. I do it very carefully. After that I work on it in photoshop.

I'd darken the areas between the wood on BIGDOOR6 to near black, if not black and maybe squash the wood a bit closer together (i.e smaller gaps between each piece).

I'm not convinced the METAL, MIDGRATE and BIGDOOR6 aren't a bit too bright all over, relative to the originals.

With BIGDOOR6, I wonder if there is any extra detail you can add to make the metal parts look more attached to the wood? The higher resolution kind of makes them seem a bit floaty. Also the middle section of MIDGRATE.