Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

hock's sd19-005 is a TAS despite not being labeled as one.

Ugh, will he ever learn? (I guess not since numerous warnings and a ban here didn't teach him anything) I wonder if some kind of TAS detector could be integrated into DSDA to make Andy's life a bit easier? :) Like, if there are SR50 tics with turning then the demo automatically gets marked as TAS. (I suppose that's how dew detected the use of tools)

I noticed he made a comeback with a demo before this. I was tempted to crack a joke about him joining in the next no mo pack thread. Nice guy but just doesn't mark his demos properly which is a shame. Anyway, Aliens v2 is marked as various authors but it's by Justin Fisher.

actually this is a straight TAS with no pretense of hiding it and claiming it's legit - he just didn't mention it in the filename or the textfile. he's probably doing it on purpose, because he "doesn't care" what we want.

Just label his demos automatically as TAS, whether they are legit or not... or call the cyberpolice. :p

35 demos this week.

Noob: Removed. Thanks!

dew, et al.: I had a feeling this was going to happen. From now on I'll just use j4rio's suggestion of marking everything from Hock TAS. Thanks, guys!

Springy: Name fixed. Thanks!

My Scythe 20 nomonsters in 0:35 was also mistakenly recorded with permanent sr50 and should be removed. That is the last of them though, I didn't think you would have downloaded that one already. Sorry for the inconvenience.

33 demos this week.

Noob: Removed. Thanks!

Memfis: Fixed. Thanks!

Wilou: Uploaded newest version and created an 'old' WAD. Thanks! Oddly, Zahid's ir02-411 doesn't play back with either version I have. Does anyone have a version that works?

Also, in putting together a leftover pack for the just-finished dtwid collection, I stumbled across four demos without author info: i1d5-338, i1d6-411, i3d6-403, i3d9-701. Does anyone know who made these? I didn't see them in the thread.

Andy Olivera said:

Oddly, Zahid's ir02-411 doesn't play back with either version I have. Does anyone have a version that works?

I tried with three other versions and it always played back the same way. The demo is probably corrupted.

Andy Olivera said:

Also, in putting together a leftover pack for the just-finished dtwid collection, I stumbled across four demos without author info: i1d5-338, i1d6-411, i3d6-403, i3d9-701. Does anyone know who made these? I didn't see them in the thread.

I believe those are all DidierTranber's, with the exception of e3m6 which is mine.

These demos from hock are not marked TAS:
dv02n017 always sr50
dv02n019 always sr50
ks14o011 always sr50
pl03o102 always sr50
pl08o023 always sr50
pl09n040 turbo/tas
pl09o044 always sr50
pl09o047 always sr50
pl19o016 always sr50
pl19o024 always sr50
ev17-007 turbo/tas

There are some duplicates of demos in both first and second releases of av.

Is there a reason why Ocelot's E2M1 nomonsters demo here is listed as "Other" instead of the usual "NoMo"?

126 demos this week. The pl2 leftovers should be up soon.

Mad Butcher: I think you're right. I tried numerous options with PRBoom+, but nothing works. Removed. Thanks!

Noob: Added and fixed (the Ocelot demo probably just got missed when I was rounding up NoMo demos for the new category). Thanks!

xepop: All of Hock's demos are tagged TAS now, and will be automatically in the future. Thanks!

j4rio: I'll look into that in the future. Thanks!

doomdaniel's map02 nomonsters in 0:09 is for Scythe rather than Scythe 2.

Both my demos for Perdition's Gate Maps 05 in 2:01 and 15 in 3:49 are just regular maxes, not Realities. Sorry about those mess ups, Andy.

Moreover, Monakhov Vladimir's MAP15 UV Max in 4:19 misses two monsters.

49 demos this week.

I have a demo that was recorded with a 64-bit version of GZDoom v1.8.02, but doesn't seem to play back with the 32-bit version. Can anyone else confirm this? It's long, so timedemo is advisable.

I downloaded Gzdoom from your info page, used it, the player dies at 1:26:xx, so I guess it desyncs?

AFAIK there never was an official 64-bit version of (G)ZDoom because the developers see no point in making it (no way for (G)ZDoom to benefit from 64-bit architecture). Trollolol used unofficial build compiled by StasBFG and, well... He should just use official builds in the future. :)

My DTWiD Reality UV Max is for Lost Episodes not the original DTWiD. Sorry, I may have put something wrong in the text file. Also (very minor) but my NM Speed for Map 05 of 100linet is also a pacifist (probably doesn't really need changing though).