Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

GameMaker Of Diabolical Distinction

It features "architecture". I think it may be a little too complicated and demanding for me.

Hey, COD wasn't out yet. Those pesky 90s developers couldn't fully appreciate the benefits of no minimal essential architecture on gameplay and graphics, yet. They were all caught up with those mysterious things called "map editors". Sheesh. Did they think everybody was a civil engineer, back then?

I like the "No polygon limit" which is apparently demonstrated with a single flat plane and a bunch of large sprites obstructing the view.

40oz said:

I like the "No polygon limit" which is apparently demonstrated with a single flat plane and a bunch of large sprites obstructing the view.

Uhm....poly trees? Not that they look any better than sprites, in a software engine....

I love how "emmense" levels are possible. I think I will aim to make my next map "emmense", even though I have no idea what it is.

To be fair, it's not unlike how e.g. ZDoom and Eternity have evolved over time.

Maes said:

To be fair, it's not unlike how e.g. ZDoom and Eternity have evolved over time.

I'm with the devil's lawyer, here. The screenshot examples they provide aren't exactly Aria Giovanni, but on paper the engine doesn't sound half bad.

P.S. I'm trying to install it right now, and their help page is hilarious:

website said:

Step 1: Downloading the Installation File
Download means to transfer a copy of a file from somewhere on the internet onto your computer. The original master copy of the file remains on the internet (available for others to use) and you get a copy.
When downloading a file through the internet the file is broken into pieces and each section is transferred across the internet:

from the source
through your ISP
through your phone line
through your modem
into your computer
and is saved in the directory folder you selected.

schwerpunk said:

File downloading process

Makes you feel small and insignificant, doesn't it, to know that you're but the final cog in a well-oiled machine?

schwerpunk said:

I'm trying to install it right now

Is there even anything to install? Some of the pages in this godawful maze of a site have links to ZIP archives, but they seem to all be 404'd (yeah, even in the Wayback Machine's archive).