Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Hansen

202 - Door generic taking too long to close

Hi all.

I have given myself a new challenge: To make a fancy level in GZdoombuilder! :)

But fancy isn't exactly where I'm headed at the moment, simply because I'm running into to silly problems like doors that takes for ever to close again and I keep using too much time trying to figure out what's going on.

So, I need a little help which I'm pretty sure you can offer.

How come this door takes something like 15-20 seconds before it closes again and how can I fix it so it closes again at a more "normal" delay?

Thanks!
Chris

The reason is that the delay parameter of Generic_Door is not in tics but in octics (tics*8). That was necessary to implement the original Boom generalized doors which had delays that didn't fit into one byte. Of course that implementation limit is not relevant for UDMF but for obvious reasons it can't be changed anymore.

(BTW, I didn't even know this myself until now. ;) )

I'm stunned. I was under the impression that something like this could not possibly escape your attention :)

So, there is nothing I can do about it? Other than changing format or changing the linedef action to something other than 202?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out what you meant with octics. Changed the delay to 24, which I guess means 3 seconds, and now they behave more like I want them to. I think what confused me was the two options in the "delay" dropdown menu. I was under the impression that I had to choose one of them. Thanks again for your help!