Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Canofbacon

What are some good 3DS games?

I've been looking for some 3DS games. I'm not really into RPGs. A good platformer would be good but I'm not picky.

Games I currently own:
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Heroes of Ruin
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Mario Kart 7

I don't honestly have an opinion about the ones on your "wishlist," since I haven't played them at all...if you weren't against RPGs, I would recommend Fire Emblem Awakening. Otherwise, check out the eShop to find some good platformers; I can recommend the Mighty Switch Force games, Mutant Mudds, the two Shantae games (the first one is a GBC game on Virtual Console and the second is a DSiWare game), Pushmo and Crashmo.

Do you not have Super Mario 3D Land already? It's one of my absolute favorite 3DS games.

Your two "wishlist" games are fine, although I bored of them fairly quickly. If you have friends online who regularly play them, though, that shouldn't be an issue.

Luigi's Mansion 2 Dark Moon isn't so bad, it's a little different from the first one on the Gamecube but it's still alright all the same.

I really enjoy the Paper Mario series, and although I haven't had time to play the new one, I think (hope) that it'll be just as worthwhile as the previous ones. (Hopefully again, without the assistant rehash)

BloodyAcid said:

I really enjoy the Paper Mario series, and although I haven't had time to play the new one, I think (hope) that it'll be just as worthwhile as the previous ones. (Hopefully again, without the assistant rehash)

personally I have found SPM to be a disappointment and from what I'm hearing the new one is even more disappointing, I think TTYD was the best in that series and the first being the next.

I know you said no RPGs, but all the guys at work have been playing Shin Megami Tensi and Fire Emblem. I only have New Leaf. I could use some suggestions myself--I like RPGs, but have been pretty burnt out on them for the last... decade or so.

Super Mario Dream Team looks great.

Also, Pokemon X and Y are out in October and they look to be the Pokemon games that the franchise has desperately needed for a long time. Main reason I got my 3DS a couple weeks ago.

Ok I know your not into RPGs like Nomad said this but I have to recommend this game:

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Seriously this game was the only reason why I bought a 3DS(that and various Virtual Console games).

I'd suggest Resident Evil Revelations, a great game which actually succeeds in recreating a survival horror atmosphere ( unlike the latest major games of the franchise ).

Guest Unregistered account

Super Monkey Ball 3D is okay, but it's over really quickly and lacks the amount of ideas in level design all over. However, the soundtrack for World 5 (Dragon's Journey) is awesome, and beautiful. Search for it on YouTube, if you must.

Nomad said:

Also, Pokemon X and Y are out in October and they look to be the Pokemon games that the franchise has desperately needed for a long time.

Yeah I have plans to get Pokemon X.

Mario & Luigi Dream Team
Project X Zone
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Mutant Mudds
Guild01(Crimson Shroud)
Mario Kart 7
Cave Story 3D
Rhythm Thief and the Emperors Treasure
Theatre Rhythm Final Fantasy
Go! Go! Kokopolo - Harmonious Forest Revenge
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Shinobi 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Resident Evil Revelations
Dead or Alive Dimensions

whiteboy567 said:

Cave Story 3D

I can't seem to find that one.

I have the 3ds version of the original, and Ikachan, but I can't find CS3d.

I wish Epic would resurrect Jazz Jackrabbit and put out a new game (not like that shitty GBC/GBA piece of shit). The 3DS would be a great platform for it.

Sadly, these days Epic strikes me as more of a game engine company than a game company in and of itself.

They did make a new Jazz Jackrabbit game... to show off UE3 on iOS. (Surprisingly bloody, too, considering prior Jazz entries.)

Nomad said:

I wish Epic would resurrect Jazz Jackrabbit and put out a new game (not like that shitty GBC/GBA piece of shit). The 3DS would be a great platform for it.

I just want the originals released somewhere, whether its on GoG or XBLA/PSN, anything!