• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anima Zero

Slaughterfest 2012 demos [-complevel 9]

Nevan said:

MAP20 UV-Max in 17:02

Urgh...

Nice, by the way in the exit room when the cybers are released there is a switch by the exit teleporter which allows you to exit that room and get back outside, also lowering the walls which seal you in. That might help with the issues at the end of the map. The end is kind of flawed with the mass of monsters teleporting in it's inevitable that the area can clog up resulting in monsters failing to teleport hence I thought it would be best to allow the player to escape the room after a certain amount of time and be allowed to clear the outside section of the map too if they had not done that yet.

cannonball said:

The end is kind of flawed with the mass of monsters teleporting in it's inevitable that the area can clog up resulting in monsters failing to teleport

That's sort of inevitable when using long narrow rectangles as teleporting dummy rooms. HR2 uses them a bunch of times too and they are all just as faulty.

gggmork said:

good enough for map 30 (3 keys, lame death in yellow because butterdemons didn't infight much and a flood of assviles came through and the heaps of route memorization didn't plan for that particular scenario plus they all just increased their attack power like 3 times higher than normal when they hit me, sure why not, the computer is allowed to cheat. At least it wasn't an I_SignalHandler: Exiting on signal: signal 11 error or missing colum jumps into the lava with only 50 life, forcing yet another hour+ replay, this time. But I hope I vow to never play long hard maps anymore as therapy to reduce my tourrettes (GOD DAM IT how do you spell that FUCKING SHIT touretts):
http://filesmelt.com/dl/sf2012-30-goodEnough-Fail.lmp

oh no. I saw this whole video, and now I'm fucking curious about the rest of the level :(
you indeed were quite unlucky in that YK room
I checked a bit the undone maps but some are crazy, and since I havent played for months I doubt those would be best levels to restart eheh

will you retry the level btw? I love your gameplay and the 180turns usage of yours.

yeah, i actually watched that entire thing as well and it's pretty awesome. you were ridiculously close to death a few times, too.

gave a try, took 3-4 attempts to finish the final area, but I actually couldnt figure out a decent way to pass the room you died. I didnt find it easy to have the cyber infight deently enough, there's no room to let them fire first so Im doing something wrong for sure. ribbiks, one of the coolest and most epic maps i've ever seen btw :)

Well it's more or less certain now that a bugfix version will be done, partly because map 11 turns out to be completely unfinishable. :<

If you can, give recording a rest. Sorry for inconvenience.

j4rio said:

Well it's more or less certain now that a bugfix version will be done, partly because map 11 turns out to be completely unfinishable. :<

If you can, give recording a rest. Sorry for inconvenience.

how to open last door leading to the zombie and the exit? i reached that door without problems in my first try o.0
is it a bug that its closed or what? missing a switch as usual of mine?

jesus christ, just that? didnt really follow all the storyline of version updates here, but I saw a couple wads, why was this still not fixed then? any particular reason?

That's partly my fault because the keencybers dehacked wasn't added until late in the wad, and then Rayzik updated his map with those doors since it uses keens.

blob1024 said:

ribbiks, one of the coolest and most epic maps i've ever seen btw :)

thanks :), I look forward to any future attempts of it (but wait a bit so I can iron out some MP stuff that would desync attempts! sorry ggg -.-).

And yah as j4 said, a super serious triple-final version is on the way whenever I get the time to fix stuff. Most of the changes are MP thing placement, but the following maps will break demos:

- 11, 18, 21, 30

minor minor changes to map03 that I hope don't affect anc's awesome demo.

Ribbiks said:

minor minor changes to map03 that I hope don't affect anc's awesome demo.

Plz don't I have no time to redo stuff :(

Ribbiks said:

would desync attempts! sorry ggg

No biggie.

blob1024 said:

will you retry 30 btw?

Probably not, maybe though since I already did the route memorization part. There's a run on youtube that beat it (but has some "zdoom cheats").

28 uv speed in 6:40
Its like a 1/10 chance to blast through the baron wall. Can maybe shave off lots of time by going through cybers/viles earlier, not sure how realistically doable though.

Rejoice, new finalest version! Yay! - Get it here!!!

Demos on 1 and 20 desync with it, some failed attempts may also require older versions for playback. I suppose a prize for most frequently bugfixed wad ever would be in order. Unfortunately, there's roughly 99,9% chance it's final, but don't despair, all hope is not lost yet.

(pls update OP with link, thx)

Is this what you wanted in the OP? There's an /idgames link there as well, isn't it confusing? (What version do I get from /idgames?)