Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Drunk Driving homicide video confession

ninja edit: Watching this got me thinking the plea shouldn't be so much to not drink and drive, but to not drink so much that you become unable to make the right choice not to drive. People who drink too much when they go out and have access to an automobile should be encouraged to seek counseling to get their drinking under control.

Associated news article: http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/09/06/alleged-drunk-driving-confession-video-shows-the-best-and-worst-of-humanity/

Uh huh, so he wanted to do the 'right thing' and confess, but instead of turning himself in he goes home and makes a fucking youtube video?

I wonder who set up the lighting, provided the audio equipment and expertise, who did the blur effect; in short, why is the video so polished and professionally done? I find it hard to believe he did it all himself without any help.

I don't know if this guy is genuine or not, but a professional-quality video is more effective at delivering it's message to people than one that looks home-made. I mean, whether or not he's actually sincere, more people will sit through the video because of that fact.

Caffeine Freak said:

I don't know if this guy is genuine or not, but a professional-quality video is more effective at delivering it's message to people than one that looks home-made. I mean, whether or not he's actually sincere, more people will sit through the video because of that fact.

which, in turn, makes it propaganda. And therefore worthy of nothing other than contempt.

Quast said:

Uh huh, so he wanted to do the 'right thing' and confess, but instead of turning himself in he goes home and makes a fucking youtube video?

That's idiotism today for you.

I think the endgame here is really quite simple: don't ever pass out when you're behind the wheel.

Right, OP?

Quast said:

i didnt embed the whole video when I first posted this thread, only half of it. Watch the video again--it's full length now.

Hellbent said:

i didnt embed the whole video when I first posted this thread, only half of it. Watch the video again--it's full length now.

Haha, yeah and the video views have now gone from about 700 to 750000 overnight.

If this is real it's despicable. The act itself for obvious reasons but also for putting up this charade in order to look good, in court mainly but also for himself.

Keep your eyes open for talkshow appearances promoting his book.

Here's what I don't understand: The incident occurred june 22nd, it wasn't a hit and run as he had his blood tested and was over twice the limit, aaand he wasn't arrested on the spot? That was 2 1/2 months ago.