Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rampy470

Physical Copy of Doom Comic

I'm assuming you're all familiar with the Doom comic by now. Well, for reasons even I'm not sure of, I'm interested in procuring a physical copy of it. None of the local comic shops have a copy, and I've tried eBay and Amazon, all I've found are game guides and the series of novels. So, does anyone here know where I can find a copy?

Well, now I feel stupid. Just found out the bloody thing only got printed twice.

Hell this now, please. Get it away from me.

You could also look out for an 'id Anthology' - it would no doubt be pricier, but it's a nice set, and includes the comic.

Canofbacon said:

You can read it online here.

Rampage470 said:

I'm assuming you're all familiar with the Doom comic by now.

I'm interested in procuring a physical copy of it.

There are 2 versions of doom comic and I happen to own both copies. One comes with sligthly diffrent cover and hexen and ultimate doom adds. This version with adds is retail version of some sort and I got it from UK.

Some weird comic book collector guy on youtube did a review of it and in the review he said it was pretty damn near impossible to get.

Canofbacon said:

Well I figured if he still wanted to read it he could go there.

I've read it, yeah. I just thought it'd be kinda cool to have a physical copy. Hearing about the average pricetag kinda changed my mind, though. Still might try to pick up a copy if there's a really good deal.

There was a copy listed on eBay a few years back for the ridiculous sum of $4000. With a bit of luck and lots of persistence you could pick up one for under $20 - postage included.

They turn up on eBay fairly regularly. I got a copy there fairly cheaply though sometimes the sellers comically overestimate how much it's worth.

I bought the comic a few weeks back on ebay for 24 euros. It's the giveaway printing. These loose comics don't show up often at ebay.
Another print of he comic is also included in the "id Anthology" box. These show up more frequently on ebay.

If you want one quick and don't mind paying a sum of money you can try buying an id anthology. If you just want the comic without paying too much and aren't in a hurry you'll have to be patient and keep on eye on ebay.

Although it's rare it's not worth a whole lot of money.
here's someone asking 1000 dollars for the comic :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Doom-Knee-Deep-Dead-id-VERY-RARE-/261253202446

more info on the comic:
http://doomwiki.org/wiki/Doom_comic

Rampage470 said:

Well, now I feel stupid. Just found out the bloody thing only got printed twice.

Hell this now, please. Get it away from me.

No...no you live with it.

There's one on eBay now for $80 o.b.o.

Item # 111157288654

$80 is high but not insanely high if its something you want badly. Looks to be in great condition.

Cheers,

Dusty

That's great, but "May not ship to Mexico"!?!? I'm not really into eBay, I don't even have an account there, but that looks weird.

Zed said:

That's great, but "May not ship to Mexico"!?!? I'm not really into eBay, I don't even have an account there, but that looks weird.

I do international shipping for a living, and its very different than shipping USA to USA. A lot of people don't know how, and/or don't want to ship outside the USA.

Sounds logical. But is it really that difficult? I mean, I know there is a border involved, but a lot people export and import just about everything on a daily basis.

Zed said:

Sounds logical. But is it really that difficult? I mean, I know there is a border involved, but a lot people export and import just about everything on a daily basis.

No, its not difficult. But some people think it is or are scared of doing it wrong.

A lot of US sellers are wimping out and using eBay's new Global Shipping Program, which does little more than inflate the postage and handling component of a purchase.

I always courage US sellers to try shipping to Europe even though they list items as "shippng to US only". Afterwards sellers say it wasn't so bad after all and both are happy. I got my stuff and seller now has experience shipping outside US.