Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sharessa

I Hate Idiots

Why the fuck does everyone think that Trent Reznor did the Quake II soundtrack???
You're giving him credit for something he surely doesn't deserve - Quake II's soundtrack was so much cooler than anything in Quake 1.

For the 666th time: Trent Reznor did the soundtrack for Quake 1!!!
And that has to be the lousiest game soundtrack I ever heard - ten years ago I wouldn't even have called it "music" - I'd have called it "weird, random sounds".

Personaly, I think Trent Reznor is a brilliant man. Unfortunatly, his perfectionism usualy leads him into killing his music. Also, he kinda copied a lot of 80s industrial music and such. Just listen to Dig It by Skinny Puppy, then Down In It by Nine Inch Nails. Also, A Warm Place, is a note-for-note rip off of a David Bowie stume from what I heard. Whatever. He's gret, but no god. I've heard all his pieces at least five times over each, so I'm all kinda burnt out on Nine Inch Nails right now. Not like in the old days when thats all I listened to.

fodders said:

Seems confirmed he is doing Doom3 though

Hells yeah!

fodders said:

Seems confirmed he is doing Doom3 though

Unfortunately.
Poor ol' Lüt.

Heh. Trent is a Doom fan. Wouldn't that be funny if he showed up here?

/me looks around...

do not compare Hendirx to... that other bloke. it's just so wrong.

wow. i wrote that with out using one prophanity...

\me beams with pride.

I feel I have been acqainted with another narrow-minded person who although does not understand me, feels they can walk over my ideas.

So many fools...

Black

Actually there are tracks that Trent Reznor developed for Quake II. I would know, I own it. Hence, I simply assumed that he did the music for Quake II. If he did not, then I apologize. I guess my biggest point is that you all are willing to criticize but barely any of you even have an idea what you must do to develop such things. I would also have (at least a slight idea) of what this is like because I am in a band that has a lot of electronically inspired parts. Also the fact that Trent Reznor does practically everything by himself other than when he plays live would seem (at least to me) worth some credit. I cannot think of a large number of one member bands that have made it as big as NIN without some former noriety. But oh well, values and ideas and opinions are all a waste coming from people who are totally derived of other people's values and ideas and opinions. I guess people get what they deserve.

Black

I believe the music from Quake II was actually created by Rob Zombie under the guise of Sonic Mayhem - another idgames fan and friend of Reznor and M. Manson.
The original Quake music was very atmospheric IMO, without interfering too much in the game, unless in a good way, ie : walking down a dark hall wondering where the fuck that sound of crying babies is coming from.
If his latest works are anything to go by (his next album is reportedly more electronic than The Fragile), the music should be a treat.

ps - Black and Danarchist : i like your musical tastes :)

Watched at home with the Osbournes today on MTV it's aired 1st time tonight, poor Ozzies head is ferked :(

Spike said:

ps - Black and Danarchist : i like your musical tastes :)

Yay...

I fear I may be turning goth. I've been listening to a ton of goth industrial recently, and I'm having these urges to wear black and but on amkeup. The only thing I'm lacking is a downer view of life (at least at the moment).

Dude, join our posse - we're goths that get to be HAPPY :)))

It is nice to know I have at least two people who seemingly agree with my (for the most part) ideas and choice of music. They judge but they hate being judged. They are damaged.

Black

Don't be afraid Dan.

The industrial culture is not the downer culture it used. Just listen to some of the more recent VNV Nation tracks.

I like to fancy myself a rivethead halfbreed. I could be a full one but I simply like green clothes too much.

Yeh he played a lot on Doomserve under the name Frump, damn nice guy, I even got a mention on his last cd cover :)

Black said:

It is nice to know I have at least two people who seemingly agree with my (for the most part) ideas and choice of music. They judge but they hate being judged. They are damaged.

Black

I think the last arguement related to this that i had was BBG saying he wanted to kill all the goths in his home town (my reply was 'what if i lived in your home town').
Musically, i have many friends who listen to rap, metal, pop, dance, and so on. The only music i cannot forgive is manufactured pop (British people here will no doubt remember the awful popidol/popstars).
However I am, and always will be, a rock and metal (most metal genres in fact) fan.

fodders said:

Trey Azagthoth from Morbid Angel is a Doom fan too

Morbid Angel own...I teach guitar for a living, and I often play MA stuff to people as an example of "how it is done"...:-)...hell, in Q3W my icon is the MA spinning blasphegram...

RRROOOAAARRR said:

Morbid Angel own...I teach guitar for a living, and I often play MA stuff to people as an example of "how it is done"...:-)

Hey, cool! :)

Little Faith said:

Don't be afraid Dan.

The industrial culture is not the downer culture it used. Just listen to some of the more recent VNV Nation tracks.

I would, but VNV is like the only industrial band that is blocked out on Audiogalaxy. All I've heard of them is remixes of Apoptygma Berzerk and Das Ich,

the_Danarchist said:

I would, but VNV is like the only industrial band that is blocked out on Audiogalaxy. All I've heard of them is remixes of Apoptygma Berzerk and Das Ich,

Apoptygma Berzerk has gone pretty cheery too.

The Industrial culture still got the antihumanism/transhumanism thing going though, which is the reason (besides the music) that i am still into it.

Hey, BTW is Andrew WK worth any attention or is he just some cheap Linkin Park'esque lamer in a thin disguise?

I don't know anything about him and I ain't trusting the hype.