Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zed

Buying Doom... Again

Hello there, fellow doomers. The other day I was checking my Doom CD's/floppies and I discovered that 2 of my Ultimate Doom floppies are in bad shape, and my Final Doom CD is at the edge of disintegrating. My copy of Doom II it's still in relatively good shape, though. All of them are pretty old, so I'm planning on buying them all again. So, I was searching, and I'm deciding between two main options: The Depths of Doom Trilogy or The ID Anthology. I know that both of them are somewhat hard to come by, and the latter is a little expensive I think, so, what do you recommend? Personally, I would prefer the Anthology, mainly because of the Doom comic, but it's really not that important. Are they worth the price/wait? Do I have a 3rd, or even a 4th option?

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Have a good day.

There is also the 'doom collectors edition: the ultimate doom trilogy' which is also rare if you are looking for cardboard box version but the dvd case versions are cheaper. I got the id anthology and the ultimate doom/quake compilation and I'm also looking for the depths of doom trilogy edition and the towers of darkness heretic hexen & beyond collection which is similar to doom trilogy edition but with diffrent games. Hope this helps.

Depths of Doom Trilogy doesn't include Final Doom but you do at least get a paper manual, the id Anthology is more complete but you might have to wait a while for a reasonably priced copy, the Book of id (from the Anthology) sometimes turns up on its own and is cheaper, Doom Collector's Edition lacks the Master Levels but is easily the cheapest option. If you're mainly after a fresh set of IWADs for playing, I'd suggest the Collector's Edition.

Thanks for your replies. After searching through the options you both gave me, I think I'm going for Collector's Edition, since I really just wanted to replace my Ultimate and Final Doom, and I already got Master Levels. As for the Anthology, I think I'll wait until December, maybe ID will release some sort of 20th Anniversary Edition or something, who knows.

Thanks and good night.