Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NumSkull

Gee. What a neat idea....

how about an irc channel specifically for people that are looking to play a game of multi doom2 (most likely over zdaemon) right then and there. no idles in this room, just people specifically looking to play at that moment. would be nice.

8--C

That's mor or less wot doom connector is, isnt it? I suppose if u had mIRC or something u wouldnt hav 2 d/l any extra software. Ah, and what server would it b on? If ur not planning on hosting 1 urself then it might as well start right now. How about using the mircx server (irc.mircx.com for ne1 who dusnt like guessing). Just go 2 the server and enter #ZDaemon or #Doom or wotever and u'd find doomers. Ah. Sorry i keep pointin out obvious things that u'v all worked out already btw - u no i'm new 2 the forum.

Yeh Doomserv was the ideal solution, that got killed by the frads, Doom Connector survived, but never had the atmosphere that Doomserve had , Doom Connector needs someone on-line to chat to and point people into starting games

yeah, nice 1 copster

I didnt play doom online at the time of doomserv (as far as i no), but i remember, a few years ago, i started searchin 4 doom stuff and thats when i found out about the existance of PWADs and bots. I already knew u could play in multiplayer thru modems, serial cables (like me), LANs, etc., but i wanted 2 play on the net, so i searched and found doomworld, where i downloaded doomserv. But, i could never get it to work so i gave up on it, and forgot about internet doom till about a year ago when i found csDoom and then ZDaemon, and now i'm a regular online doomer. But, anyway, probably the reason i couldnt get doomserv 2 work was the same reason i didnt get doom connector at first - i didnt realise u wer supposed 2 chat - i expected a list of games, like on IDE.

Thanks, Matt

num: i'm just curious and have been wondering about what's up with your new tag, 8--C, it looks kinda weird and funny. What do 8 and C stand for, or does the whole thing represent as an object of a ... say, a pair of tongs? lol

hey, just out of interest, y did DoomServ die? and who r the frads?

yes it's dead already for quite a while, no one would host servers anymore, not since washington who used to be hosting by hagalaz's ip(or whatever he used, ?) and his ip 24/7 ip is dead now, doomserv is goner ever since :(

frads? dunno who fodders was trying to refer to, heh, anyways, doomserv was definitely great!

dus that mean that if doomserv found a new host (e.g. HellGod, since he dusnt need 2 host the csDoom master server now), then it could start up again (after a bit of reprogramming)?

Speak to Greensting if you need info about hosting Doomserv
Frads? Were the likes of Fraggle Aurioch Mordeth Jon Cyb Afterglow Mewse more or less all the occupants of #doomroom(spit)

Why exactly r there always so few ppl on Doom Connector?

It needs someone to act as "host", people drop in, no one else there so off they go, it needs someone to hang around in there, shooting the breeze, as more people drop in, games get started, people stay