Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomtodeath

Some of the best wads out there

Hi! I just wanted to share some of the best wad's ive ever seen, Incase you havent played them. This isnt a top list, Or anything like that. Its just some amazing wads. Have fun!

1. Ghouls Forest 3
This wad will have you screaming out loud. Never in my life have I been more afraid to play something in my life. This is an amazing horror wad, And is sadly under-rated.
LINK: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=15030

2. Action Doom 2: Urban Brawl
Oh my god. Just oh my fucking god. This. Is. Awesome. I have never played a wad like this. This is so good, Its not classified as a mod. I didnt see a single texture from Doom in this wad. Just download this fucking wad NOW!!!!
LINK: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=15430

3. Doom Center
This is a very intresting and great sandbox styled Doom wad, I dont know what to say about it, Just download it and give it a try :)
LINK: http://hostfile.org/viewfile.php?file=doomcenter-b7p.wad

Thats it! Enjoy!

Doomtodeath said:

This wad will have you screaming out loud.

Or rather the wad itself will scream at you very loudly in order to make you jump.

Da Werecat said:

Or rather the wad itself will scream at you very loudly in order to make you jump.

Lol thats atchually kind of true.

I actually found Ghoul's Forest 3 to be better than Slender. I wouldn't agree it's under-rated though; I think back at some point it did the rounds equivalent to "Slender" on the old Youtube. (i.e. TEH HORROR GAMEZ ALL MUST PRAY N SCREEM ATTT)

A shame that CutmanMike then started working on DM-style stuff afterwards, but oh well.

Suitepee said:

I actually found Ghoul's Forest 3 to be better than Slender. I wouldn't agree it's under-rated though; I think back at some point it did the rounds equivalent to "Slender" on the old Youtube. (i.e. TEH HORROR GAMEZ ALL MUST PRAY N SCREEM ATTT)

A shame that CutmanMike then started working on DM-style stuff afterwards, but oh well.

I agree. And I hope some day CutmanMike returns to the ghouls forest series.

Doomtodeath said:

2. Action Doom 2: Urban Brawl
Oh my god. Just oh my fucking god. This. Is. Awesome. I have never played a wad like this. This is so good, Its not classified as a mod. I didnt see a single texture from Doom in this wad. Just download this fucking mod

Phylex level 10. Floor is a doom red texture

careful marn someone might think you're serious

Also, the Ghoul's forest series is ANYTHING but underrated. You just missed it in it's heyday. Doomcenter is also really overrated.

Heh, this thread motivated me to try out Ghoul's Forest 3. At half past midnight.
It worked on me. I was so scared by it, I didn't actually care that the bow looks ridiculous in widescreen.

Eris Falling said:

Heh, this thread motivated me to try out Ghoul's Forest 3. At half past midnight.
It worked on me. I was so scared by it, I didn't actually care that the bow looks ridiculous in widescreen.

You are a man!

To me, probably the best megawad is Deus Vult II. So much great design and gameplay, I had such a great experience with it. I would say use it with Russian Overkill but then you wouldn't be able to use the awesome necromancer's gauntlets! The best part for me, though, has to be the music. Gotta love that Diddy Kong's Quest music. A megawad that I am very excited for is Extermination day, a collection of SgtMrkIV's (the creator of Brutal Doom) best wads.

Fellowzdoomer said:

I think I speak for all when I say brutal doom is the best mod.

I dont like to call it a wad, But rather a gameplay mod.

Eris Falling said:

I'm much preferring Samsara right now for mods.

Yeah, Samsara's probably my first choice for a heavy gameplay mod, too.

There's also Reelism, but that's more of a self-contained thing than an overall gameplay mod.