Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

GTA 5 will be out tomorrow, has 98% on metacritic

40oz said:

Going by the first 25 seconds of this video, and pretty much the title of all of this guy's other videos, I can tell pretty quickly that desires of the fanbase that Rockstar created for themselves is nowhere near my general interests, and that this game is obviously not for me. (videos such as "ZOMBIES!" "working at a job!" "drug use, strippers and swearing!" and "apartment customization!")

It's entirely possible that this game isn't for you. I'm personally enjoying the game, but not for any of the quoted reasons. So it's possible that you might still enjoy GTAV (although if you're at all uncertain, then I would recommend waiting until the more balanced reviews come out / the game's price decreases).

The most disappointing thing about GTA V so far is the absence of optional taxi, ambulance, and vigilante missions. So far, I haven't seen any legitimate way to make money on your own, other than robbing convenience stores, armoured trucks, etc.

Dragonsbrethren said:

*sigh* I wish I was a woman so I could facepalm at this even harder.

First of all you have no idea what is like to be a woman due to your unchecked privilege as a male.

Also this:

http://fucknovideogames.tumblr.com/post/61565481768/review-suggests-that-game-is-not-perfect-fans-outraged

The three articles linked from original which are worth looking at:

https://medium.com/ladybits-on-medium/a01ddf9ef69c

http://mammonmachine.com/post/60201774063/penny-arcade-and-the-slow-murder-of-satire (This link would make more sense: http://fucknovideogames.tumblr.com/post/60802794628/dan-houser-on-gtav-the-concept-of-being-masculine-was )

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/KrisGraft/20130917/200446/This_isnt_about_Grand_Theft_Auto_V.php

So what they always say "Becareful what you wish for, you might just get it" because if you put yourself in a woman's shoes, you'll see the world differently and you'll understand where feminists are coming from due to living in a constant threat and fear of rape, abuse, body policed, harassment, beaten, etc which all of this is also reinforced and celebrated in the media as well (which the reviewer's main point) while Males like ourselves don't have to live in fear due to our systematic privilege (since we live in a Kyriarchial society) which at the end you'll wouldn't facepalming this at all but actually supporting it (unless if you have internalized misogyny though).

@Bucket: I agree (especially wrt Sonic), but GTA already has mass appeal. Granted, it's not for everyone, but it never disappoints IMO.

@Nomad: Yes, it was through Amazon. I live in Northern Ireland, part of the UK, but with that zonking great channel of water between us and the rest, so preorders have to be shipped a bit earlier anyway. This means that, sometimes, games, CD's and DVD's will arrive before the street date. Happened to me before with Forza 4, funnily enough.

And, for the record, I had no idea Carolyn Petit was transgendered, and I retract my previous statement regarding agenda.

I will say this though, GTA is due a female protagonist. And, particularly if the character-swapping mechanic sticks around for future iterations, there's no reason not to have one. We've had three (okay, two and a half) Saints Row games in the period between GTAIV and GTAV, and in all of them your character could be white, black, Asian, Native American, Cockney, fat, thin, muscular, emaciated, male, female, transgendered, ginger and, as of IV, straight, gay or bisexual (or even robosexual). It is arguably one of the most inclusive games ever made, despite being one of the most offensive and immature. GTAV is definitely the better game, but perhaps it's time R* did some knocking off of their own ;)

I think black, asian, and female were all fairly represented in Triad right? Can't the frustrated people just play that? Or will they not like the Nazi-ish enemies and call it racist against Germans or those of heavy Zgerman heritage? (Like me, in which case I enjoy... Well... Virtual slaughter of any kind {did i risk my guns now? Shit.})

SavageCorona said:

Saints Row 4 is just an alien reskin of Saints Row 3 with a 4 hour campaign. It may as well be £5 DLC, as it was originally planned to be.

I can tell someone hasn't even played the game.

Clonehunter said:

I think black, asian, and female were all fairly represented in Triad right? Can't the frustrated people just play that? Or will they not like the Nazi-ish enemies and call it racist against Germans or those of heavy Zgerman heritage? (Like me, in which case I enjoy... Well... Virtual slaughter of any kind {did i risk my guns now? Shit.})

Triad is an FPS, not a sandbox.

Mr. T said:

Huh?

In GTA:SA you were black :-\

Hence why I said:

Captain Red said:

It's a problem because rockstar has been better then most about this (though you haven't been able to play as a lady since the first game) but it sounds like they may be slipping into some of there lazier habits.

Nothing wrong with seeing room for improvement dude!

scalliano said:

Well, depending on what kind of games you're into, it sort of does :P

I sorta meant it from a general standpoint, but you're right in that regard.

Granted, I feel there'd be plenty of backlash if GTA's main character was a Trans too unless it was "Hate Group" revenge story (though that could back to unneeded Gangsta Drama story when all anybody wants to do is rampage across the town)

this game is fun but damn it looks like shit on xbox360.

Also Rockstar character models during cut scenes still look and move like fucking hand puppets

schwerpunk said:

The most disappointing thing about GTA V so far is the absence of optional taxi, ambulance, and vigilante missions. So far, I haven't seen any legitimate way to make money on your own, other than robbing convenience stores, armoured trucks, etc.

Haven't jumped in an ambulance yet, or a police car without a wanted level, but you definitely can do taxi missions. And how's that legitimate anyway? You have to steal the taxi to make the money first. Confused morals much?

Good to hear. Taxi missions are one of my favourite things to do in these types of games. Guess I just missed the prompt or something.

Also, I should've type "legitimate." with scare-quotes. :P

Nightmare Doom said:

First of all you have no idea what is like to be a woman due to your unchecked privilege as a male.

Please, please, please tell me you're not serious.

I support equal treatment for women and think misogamy is idiotic in a modern society, who are you to attack me over the internet? This is a review of Grand Theft Auto game, a franchise that treats every race, ethnicity, and gender like shit. I'm sorry GTA isn't progressive enough for this reviewer; I happen to know a few girls who love the series and are psyched about GTA5.

But I'm a horrible, horrible man so I'm not allowed to have an opinion on this, right?

Nightmare Doom said:

So what they always say "Becareful what you wish for, you might just get it" because if you put yourself in a woman's shoes, you'll see the world differently and you'll understand where feminists are coming from due to living in a constant threat and fear of rape, abuse, body policed, harassment, beaten, etc which all of this is also reinforced and celebrated in the media as well (which the reviewer's main point) while Males like ourselves don't have to live in fear due to our systematic privilege (since we live in a Kyriarchial society) which at the end you'll wouldn't facepalming this at all but actually supporting it (unless if you have internalized misogyny though).

this is beautiful. Please, let me sit at your knee and learn your wisdom.

Nightmare Doom said:

Tumblr comes to Doomworld.

Dragonsbrethren said:

But I'm a horrible, horrible man so I'm not allowed to have an opinion on this, right?

Possibly, but we're not entirely sure of your race yet.

Dragonsbrethren said:

Please, please, please tell me you're not serious.

I support equal treatment for women and think misogamy is idiotic in a modern society, who are you to attack me over the internet? This is a review of Grand Theft Auto game, a franchise that treats every race, ethnicity, and gender like shit. I'm sorry GTA isn't progressive enough for this reviewer; I happen to know a few girls who love the series and are psyched about GTA5.

Yes I am serious.

If you claim to support equal treatment of women then you wouldn't have wrote that post in the first place which apparently you don't since you apparently condone GTA from the get go. of course when you talk of "girls loving GTA" this is what I meant by internalized misogyny.

Dragonsbrethren said:

First of all the world doesn't revolve around you and apparently your the one who shoots down other people's opinions with derailing tactics your using.

Nightmare Doom said:
Yes I am serious.

If you claim to support equal treatment of women then you wouldn't have wrote that post in the first place which apparently you don't since you apparently condone GTA from the get go.

...and it rears it's ugly head.

Nightmare Doom said:

Yes I am serious.

If you claim to support equal treatment of women then you wouldn't have wrote that post in the first place which apparently you don't since you apparently condone GTA from the get go.

I agree. But I am confused; what is the difference between a woman and a man with no cock? Is there a difference?

darknation said:

I agree. But I am confused; what is the difference between a woman and a man with no cock? Is there a difference?

Dick-less men experience the inconvenience anguish of pissing while sitting down. They'll be the last to die.

Technician said:

Tumblr comes to Doomworld.

That's where people like yourself chased anyone who questions the status quo to due to the toxic/hostile environment that people such as yourself provide here to maintain 'order' for the private gentleman's club.

glenzinho said:

What's wrong with the status quo? I had no idea nature was mistaken in its actions.

There's nothing 'natural' about the status quo, it's just a construct established by our society and they use the "Human Nature" falsehood (another form of "Divine Right to Kings") to ensure it goes unquestioned while ignoring the fact that things are subjective.

Then again, I might be wasting my time here when I am in a room full of hardcore liberals (since capitalism isn't just economics but also our politics as well since they are one in the same) and MRAs or people who don't even know their own privilege.

Nightmare Doom said:

That's where people like yourself chased anyone who questions the status quo to due to the toxic/hostile environment that people such as yourself provide here to maintain 'order' for the private gentleman's club.

yeah, dw is now a private 'gentlemen's club'. A fair step upwards from 'the zoo of mentally challenged howler monkeys hurling shit at each other' that I had previously assumed I had joined.

Seriously. The reason that you are 'chased out' isn't because because you are questioning the status quo. It's because you are an idiot, and even other idiots think you are an idiot.

Nightmare Doom said:

privilege.

I like how you hate EVERYTHING you survey, because it's a part of the rotten status quo and not nearly enough "I am a unique snowflake." I don't even understand what the fuck you are crusading for, that's how mangled and incomprehensible your retarded agenda is. You just hate dick, that I get clearly. Your rampant antagonism makes me oppose everything you stand for.

darknation said:

yeah, dw is now a private 'gentlemen's club'. A fair step upwards from 'the zoo of mentally challenged howler monkeys hurling shit at each other' that I had previously assumed I had joined.

Seriously. The reason that you are 'chased out' isn't because because you are questioning the status quo. It's because you are an idiot, and even other idiots think you are an idiot.

Resorting to name calling is large hit to your intelligence.

dew said:

I like how you hate EVERYTHING you survey, because it's a part of the rotten status quo and not nearly enough "I am a unique snowflake." I don't even understand what the fuck you are crusading for, that's how mangled and incomprehensible your retarded agenda is. You just hate dick, that I get clearly. Your rampant antagonism makes me oppose everything you stand for.

It is because you clearly know nothing about feminism at all and you assume it is a hate group while it's really about the radical notion of women being recognized as people rather than sex objects/subordinates/etc.

I'm not crusading for anything nor do I have a agenda, this is simply a observation which results of getting attacked for it which is proof we live in a Kyriarchial (look the word up) society.

Nightmare Doom said:

it's really about the radical notion of women being recognized as people rather than sex objects/subordinates/etc.

And yet they keep pushing even though women already ARE being recognized as people. Silly radicals!

(side note: I fail to take you seriously.)

Nightmare Doom said:

It is because you clearly know nothing about feminism at all and you assume it is a hate group while it's really about the radical notion of women being recognized as people rather than sex objects/subordinates/etc.

you can fight for their right not to sleep with you all you want. Reverse psychology won't work in this instance.