Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Answer me this.

Is there any possible way that you can run demos or WAD files using only shareware Doom? I ask because *someone* (*someone* probably being my mom; she thinks I play Doom too much) deleted Ultimate Doom off my comp's hard-drive. But not only that, *someone* hid my Ultimate Doom CD, so I can't reinstall it. So now I am back to good old shareware Doom. Help me, please?

Most ports have probably removed the code in to force you to have the registered wad to be able to load pwads. However, the shareware wad only has a small number of textures so playing pwads is pretty much impossible.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHH

Good one, Jon ;)

Mmmmh, if your mom hid and deleted DooM, perhaps it's time to move along and ummh, play DooM 2? Or a newer game?

Play Soldier of Fortune instead with full violence (buy it at Target, not Wal-Mart). Let her see you play that. Trade SoF for Doom again. Problem solved.

Let's see, pixelated demon getting a block of red put on it or a realistic human being getting the left half of it's head blown clean off with a good shotgun blast? Her choice.

Metallica doesn't sound so bad when put next to something really pathetic like Manson.

Play Soldier of Fortune instead with full violence (buy it at Target, not Wal-Mart). Let her see you play that. Trade SoF for Doom again. Problem solved.

Let's see, pixelated demon getting a block of red put on it or a realistic human being getting the left half of it's head blown clean off with a good shotgun blast? Her choice.

Metallica doesn't sound so bad when put next to something really pathetic like Manson.

Good point, except Marilyn Manson rules.

Besides, his lyrics are made not to promote violence, satanism, killing, or something like that, but to decry such things and how the media feeds off them.

You might want a different analogy.

Unless that's not what you meant. In which case don't mind me, I don't sleep much.

Heh.

Well, I'll give him some credit for Antichrist Superstar, that was actually pretty decent despite Trent Reznor's production job, and some of the Mechanical Animals music was cool.

Heh.

Well, I'll give him some credit for Antichrist Superstar, that was actually pretty decent despite Trent Reznor's production job, and some of the Mechanical Animals music was cool.

The other day I was listening to the last tour on earth (a cd with songs from his various albums) and I wound up with "I don't like the drugs (but the drugs like me)" stuck in my head. If that isn't the catchiest damn song ever, i don't know what is...

If that isn't the catchiest damn song ever, i don't know what is...

Heh, waaaayyyyyyy too many to list... I've had the 'catch' problem with Destillat and Dein Meister (w/Funker Vogt) the last few weeks. Kindertraum club mix got me as well.

Besides, his lyrics are made not to promote violence, satanism, killing, or something like that, but to decry such things and how the media feeds off them.

You might want a different analogy.

Blah blah blah™...

I'm making a musical analogy. Neither Metallica nor Manson have done a song I like in, hell, nine years?

Boring and repetetive rhythm, slow beats, predictable lyrics that speak only trendy and trite words with no effort or meaning behind them and a fucking fashion fan club that's enough to make me vomit at 400 mph.

Being "Anti" is so fucking easy. Just watch Dateline and then take a completely opposite stance with little to no actual thought involved.

Listen to the 'Ungod' album. It's oldernell and it still has ten times the originality, creativity and emotion than anything that fucking joke superstar Manson has ever done.

99.9% of the Manson freaks I've met can't even string together a fucking coherent sentence. That's the type of people that listen to his music. Preppie haircuts recently dyed black, smoking ultra-light cigarettes and not even inhaling, and how can I forget the fishnet and leather pants they bought with their daddy's credit card? The phrase 'Fashion Victim' never held more solid ground.

The remaining 0.1% I figure is the same type of people that thinks Pulp Fiction is a great movie.

I hate Pulp Fiction, by the way.

"Oh, you just don't fucking get it."

What, every clock in the movie is at 4:20? Ooooh, clever. I'm glad they spent so much time on that rather then worry about things like character development, plot, cinematography, decent acting... I could go on but I think I'm going to dissolve my tongue in bile if I keep thinking about all of these fucking fashioned "Anti" marketing schemes.

I hate Pulp Fiction, by the way.

"Oh, you just don't fucking get it."

Good god I had to suffer through that shit at a friends house one time with all of them going "whoa, that rules" and "hah, that part is AWESOME!" I could knocked them all out for being so braindead if they weren't gonna deathmatch with me later.

That's the one movie that's worse than The Matrix; it's like The Matrix without a decent soundtrack, no special effects and random scenes and storylines scattered all over the place.

At least the characters were slightly convincing in it.

But it's encouraging, it almost makes me want to borrow my friend's camcorder and make a couple million dollars.

Almost.

Neither Metallica nor Manson have done a song I like in, hell, nine years?

Nothing to say here. That's your musical taste and you have a right to have it.

Being "Anti" is so fucking easy. Just watch Dateline and then take a completely opposite stance with little to no actual thought involved.

Granted. But acting on that state of "anti" and being so well versed in your arguments against whatever it is you're against is not so easy.

Listen to the 'Ungod' album.

By who...? Or is Ungod the band?

It's oldernell and it still has ten times the originality, creativity and emotion than anything that fucking joke superstar Manson has ever done.

I realize marilyn can be topped and often is, but compare his lyrics to boy bands', alternative rockers', and rapper's lyric's- The music almost everybody is listening to today-and in comparison, he stands out greatly. Also, to my knowledge, marilyn never intended to be original or creative... you know, not creating but analyzing what already exists.

99.9% of the Manson freaks I've met can't even string together a fucking coherent sentence. That's the type of people that listen to his music. Preppie haircuts recently dyed black, smoking ultra-light cigarettes and not even inhaling, and how can I forget the fishnet and leather pants they bought with their daddy's credit card? The phrase 'Fashion Victim' never held more solid ground.

I will agree with you here. Manson attracts a lot of stupid people who are using his music to rebel against bible-pounding parents, want to feel like goths, etc. But a lot of manson fans (myself included) listen to his music because they like it, and they like the ideas he makes in his lyrics, not because they want to be goths, rebels, or any negative stereotype so commonly (and admittedly, sometimes rightfully) applied to Marliyn's listeners.

Well that's my two cents.

I'm sure as hell that costed more than 2 cents for Telefragged.

Oh well, I'm bored. Dunno what to say. Perhaps if someone made an idiotic comment on Doom3 that I could erase.

Stabbing Westward.

Oh well, I'm bored. Dunno what to say. Perhaps if someone made an idiotic comment on Doom3 that I could erase.

I can do that. Just say the word and I'm off to spam...

Stabbing Westward.

Blah, Stabbing Westward sucks. Their only good song is "save yourself".

Stabbing Westward.

That song is pretty crappy, sounded like they're trying to rehash their old and decent stuff. But almost everything off Darkest Days is crap, their earlier stuff was pretty good.

Stabbing Westward.

That song is pretty crappy, sounded like they're trying to rehash their old and decent stuff. But almost everything off Darkest Days is crap, their earlier stuff was pretty good.
DON'T DO THIS ANYMORE!!!!!

We need a limit, or a decent FAQ explaining. deadnail, go make a new one.

I probably have the old one lying around in my cache somewhere.

Nothing to say here. That's your musical taste and you have a right to have it.

Thanks. Limp Bizkit is bad. Linkin Park is good. I can appreciate any type of music, even Country for God's sake. The effort and skill put into the music greatly affects the outcome.

Limp Bizkit is simplistic regurgitated horseshit. Linkin Park does a damn good job and practically makes rap/rock almost palatable... the worst two songs off Hybrid Theory made it as their singles. Listen to Runaway or In The End, much better tracks... and they certainly smoke everything Limp Dicklick ever did.

Granted. But acting on that state of "anti" and being so well versed in your arguments against whatever it is you're against is not so easy.

Split the apple in two, oh, I pray it isn't true. Blah blah blah™. White trash get down on your knees its time for cake and sodomy. Blah blah blah™. Everything that pours out of that pop culture icon's mouth sounds like it was intended to be a catch phrase for ignorant 14 year olds.

I realize marilyn can be topped and often is, but compare his lyrics to boy bands', alternative rockers', and rapper's lyric's- The music almost everybody is listening to today-and in comparison, he stands out greatly. Also, to my knowledge, marilyn never intended to be original or creative... you know, not creating but analyzing what already exists.

wrong Wrong WRONG WRONG!

Putting stale shit next to fresh shit does not make the fresh shit any better! Bloody Roar 3 is the best fighter available for the PS2, but it is still a horrible game.

If you think that the only three bands that exist are Limp Bizkit, Brittney Spears and Marylin Manson I really fucking pity you. There is a LOT of good music out today. MTV (Empty-Vee) hasn't played any good fucking music for over a decade, it's nothing but a contest of who can suck the biggest trend-cock.

Try MuchMusic if you have to watch a form of music television. Hell, even VH1 has some heavy shit on late at night... whereas MTV hasn't played a genuine metal video between 6am and 3am since they killed the Headbangers Ball.... to make room for more rap.

FUCKING HOSTILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will agree with you here. Manson attracts a lot of stupid people who are using his music to rebel against bible-pounding parents, want to feel like goths, etc. But a lot of manson fans (myself included) listen to his music because they like it, and they like the ideas he makes in his lyrics, not because they want to be goths, rebels, or any negative stereotype so commonly (and admittedly, sometimes rightfully) applied to Marliyn's listeners.

I was a goth four years before Manson had a single. I didn't do any of the 'Manson Elite' stuff like wearing fishnet, leather pants, eyeshadow, mascara, hair dying or getting fucked in the ass. I listened to the music I liked and I refused to be dictated to by any 'standard'. Henceforth, I was a goth. At least until it was turned into another fucking fashion. Now I just wear t-shirts and jeans. I don't give a shit anymore. Fuck fashion.

When I see some 80 pound toothpick in a Cradle of Filth t-shirt with his pinky nails painted purle, wearing black lipstick with matching eyeshadow, fishnet under that shirt, and a fucking preppie haircut with blonde roots under black I just want to kick him in the ribs with my steeltoes and fucking stomp on him until he's either dead or has the fucking mental capacity to think on his own.

I love it when they get in my face and try to be 'spooky', with that fucking retarded 'Manson' that they call it with the hands over your face. News flash kiddo, this ain't 1964 and I'm not 8. One good pop in the ribs and they always hit the pavement, gasping and choking, usually crying too.

I fucking hate sheep of all kinds.

I hate Manson sheep as much as I hate MTV sheep, they're all braindead fuckwits.

White people must listen to pop.
Black people must listen to rap.
Spanish people must listen to spanish techno.
Old people must listen to Motown.
Trendy people must listen to electronica.

Cut, paste, fit, conform.

Pale skin? Listen to the flavor of the week on MTV and fuck to last week's.

Dark skin? Listen to hip hop and fuck to Luther Vandross.

This fits well over 99.99% of every fucking person I've ever met, and it fits the blacks completely except for 1 I met. Just one.

Whatever meaning music had when it was made has been totally washed away, purified, condensed, crystallized and smoked for an extra dollar.

Tool has a brilliant video made (prison sex), deep lyrics, excellent imagery and a creative sound and it LOSES to some bullshit cut-and-paste million dollar rap video with horrible overlaid computer effects.

Joey Ramone dies and MTV says so for 20 seconds every hour, ten to the hour, but oh no a Backdoor Boy goes into rehab and they run A DAY LONG FUCKING VIGIL FOR THE LITTLE CUNT.

They snub one of the godfathers of punk yet all line up to wish a little braindead sheep well?!?!?!

Jesus Christ I can't even think about the music industry without wanting to fill my ears with battery acid just to fucking escape the horrible treachery that we are bound to.

You like Manson? Good, good for you. Have you listened to anything else or did you immidiately like it? I've literally heard thousands of CDs, and I've fashioned my taste from what I truly like.

Manson is far too slow, boring, and repetive for me. That's my opinion and I'm basing it on what I know. I hope you're not making the same mistake that most people seem to make. =)

Ah, deadnail, let's stop arguing. When It comes right down to it, all we're doing is stating our musical tastes and misunderstaning each other.

SCORE deadnail : 1

Spanish listen to spanish techno? What's that? I never heard of that one.

People (stupid humans) here on Argentina listen to "cumbia". If you think whatever you guys have on your countries is bad, then you know nothing, NOTHING.

SCORE deadnail : 1

I WASN'T OFFERING MY CONCESSION!

/me cries cause I lost

If you think whatever you guys have on your countries is bad, then you know nothing, NOTHING.

The US has Nine Inch Nails...