Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

Various Questions (fixed)

Alright, a few questions:
-Can anyone recommend a few good midi notators? I've been using rosegarden, but I'm at a loss for patch sets.
-What's the best archive of "best of the best" single player megawads?

Thanks,
-Dan

I dunno if anyone has an archive put together of the "best of the best," but if you look at the 3darchives.in-span.net/pub/idgames/levels/doom/megawads or /doom2/megawads, you'll find a lot of good stuff in there.

Also the /pub/idgames/themes directory has some good stuff, especially in /TeamTNT and /mm.

Yah, been there. Team TNT in particular does some great stuff. But I'm not sure if I'm missing out on anything.

-Dan

And here's the moment where I feel like a jackass.

-Dan

Heh, "new topic" instead of "post reply" I'm guessing?

Yah, been there. Team TNT in particular does some great stuff. But I'm not sure if I'm missing out on anything.

-Dan

But they look so similar!

I guess I'm that "stupid user" I always have to plan for in UI design...

-Dan

I'd like to point you to my friend Falconer's web site, rarefiles.tripod.com, where I've got "Osiris". It's the original 8-map beauty with the dehacked patch put into the wad so all you have to do is load it up into zdoom and play (zdoom loads the patch automatically from within the wad). You'll see this file as "Osiris2".

Cakewalk is nice, BUT my main problem is the lack of patch sets. I can't afford to pay for a professional set - so where can I get some nice sample instrument sets?

-Dan

There are plenty of high quality soundfonts... I use a 60mb one called Jurgen for the MIDI set and some others for separate instruments.

Yes, links would be most excellent.

Thanks in advance,
-Dan