Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valkiriforce

Two Abandoned Projects

Vispire and In The Island of Scarlet Echoes

These are two projects that I have had on my hard drive for a while. I posted about Scarlet Echoes here some time ago. Both projects have not been thoroughly playtested (especially Vispire) and I've been thinking for some time to leave it to you guys to do with as you please: whether as a community project or a more personal affair.

The idea for Scarlet Echoes was to have an episode of around 6, 9 or 13 levels that all come together to form one big map; with lots of interconnectivity. Vispire was something I started as a collection of semi-slaughter speedmaps that were thematic and felt like a less brutal version of Hell Revealed. Maps 01-06 were the "red brick" levels, maps 07-11 were the "green brick" levels, etc. I stopped on the second episode, which was going to be an oceanic episode but I started to have computer problems at the time so MAP12 was the only one I could complete. It may well have been another megawad had I the motivation, inspiration and strength to continue.

These are the two projects I have been working on for some time; but now I feel I'd like to leave it up to anyone interested to do with them as they please. I will most likely not continue either of them personally so I'd hate to see them go to waste.

Um, Scarlet contains only one very small map, is that all you wanted to share? :o
Going to try Vispire...
edit: which doesn't work, something wrong with blodrip textures...

i really liked scarlet starting area, can i use it in my megawad(i'll finish the map and give you credit for starting it)?

Oh hell; I posted the wrong one for Scarlet. Concerning Vispire I need to fix that BLODRIP error. Also, I'd prefer you didn't try them; they're not fit for playing at all. Just saving you the trouble from these unfinished projects.

KevinHEZ said:

i really liked scarlet starting area, can i use it in my megawad(i'll finish the map and give you credit for starting it)?

Concerning the WAD I posted by accident, yes, you may use it.

[EDIT] The two files have been updated.

valkiriforce said:

Oh hell; I posted the wrong one for Scarlet. Concerning Vispire I need to fix that BLODRIP error. Also, I'd prefer you didn't try them; they're not fit for playing at all. Just saving you the trouble from these unfinished projects.

Concerning the WAD I posted by accident, yes, you may use it.

[EDIT] The two files have been updated.

ok then, thanks xD