Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joe-ilya

Doom monsters in minecraft!

This is really cool. I mean it is one thing to just insert the enemies into Minecraft but Lycanite really went the extra mile for this stuff. I will get this.

I really love the look of those monsters.

@sgt dopey
People say the same about Doom. I haven't played minecraft but if its good people should play it forever.

NiuHaka said:

I really love the look of those monsters.

@sgt dopey
People say the same about Doom. I haven't played minecraft but if its good people should play it forever.

I love it but I don't love how the performance of the game got progressively shittier. I mean, I expect it for 3D lighting, but not 2D. It still kinda remains.

sgt dopey said:

People still play minecraft?

I stopped playing it ever since they added the hunger mechanic, it just got too difficult for me then and I didn't want to have to turn on peaceful mode just to avoid it because it sacrifices other gameplay elements. :P

Avoozl said:

I stopped playing it ever since they added the hunger mechanic, it just got too difficult for me then and I didn't want to have to turn on peaceful mode just to avoid it because it sacrifices other gameplay elements. :P

You know there is a mod for that most likely...

Later cyberdemon shooting rockets with splash damage from tnt block? I just thought how rockets would work in minecraft world

Waffenak said:

Later cyberdemon shooting rockets with splash damage from tnt block? I just thought how rockets would work in minecraft world

There are no guns in minecraft so they don't add cybers or SM.
But the arachtron is because that is a fictional weapon.

I haven't played Minecraft much since after the hunger thing.

Is it all that different? I would like vastly different game play and all, but I hear that it's mostly the same. Even through two years of content updates.

I can't remember any significant changes after hunger. I think enchantments and trading with villagers might have come after that? And now there are horses, yay.

I guess I'm not creative enough for Minecraft. The sandbox aspect of it never held that much appeal to me, adventuring in the world and surviving were the game's best parts, but that's all way too easy now. Monsters aren't a threat at all if you know what you're doing, and every system they've implemented has felt half finished. If every feature of the game were done right, it'd be really fun, but as it is it gets old the second you realize there's no threat without intentionally putting yourself in one.

Dragonsbrethren said:

I can't remember any significant changes after hunger. I think enchantments and trading with villagers might have come after that? And now there are horses, yay.

I guess I'm not creative enough for Minecraft. The sandbox aspect of it never held that much appeal to me, adventuring in the world and surviving were the game's best parts, but that's all way too easy now. Monsters aren't a threat at all if you know what you're doing, and every system they've implemented has felt half finished. If every feature of the game were done right, it'd be really fun, but as it is it gets old the second you realize there's no threat without intentionally putting yourself in one.

they also added allot of new redstone related stuff, and i have to disagree on the difficulty.

they actualy make it harder with every major update. for example they buffed the hostile mobs by making the skeletons have 1ms response and being 95% accurate aim. theyr fire rate is actualy higher then you can recover from the previosu shot this makes its insannely hard to kill skeletons in wide open areas.

also potions have been nerfed horribly, and dont get me started on making the hunger even worse by depleting saturation whenever you have to restore health AKA making your hunger deplete even faster overral. but i asume the horses are there to compensate i gues i havnt realy played mc at all anymore after the horse update.

Is it all that different? I would like vastly different game play and all, but I hear that it's mostly the same. Even through two years of content updates.

There was an update a few months back that made it so zombies have a much (much!) wider aggro range, and hitting a zombie has a random chance to spawn another zombie nearby. I used to drop torches everywhere and never worry about anything; now I find myself fending off endless hordes of zombies whenever I dig deep.

There's also baby monsters who run much faster. Then as mr fiat says you're starving quicker. Adding all that stuff together, the game feels a little different.

When a bunch of seventh graders were talking about minecraft i asked them if they heard about the doom mobs.
Their reply was "you mean that shitty game with the gay pink monsters,get a life and play a real game"
Oh the world we live in today.

Doominator2 said:

When a bunch of seventh graders were talking about minecraft i asked them if they heard about the doom mobs.
Their reply was "you mean that shitty game with the gay pink monsters,get a life and play a real game"

That managed to make me lose faith in the youth.

Doominator2 said:

Frankly I'm not as concerned about their taste in games as I am about swearing and personally attacking someone who that I assume to be significantly older than them.

Doominator2 said:

Well, they are indeed a bunch of dumbasses. I liked Doom ever since I was their age in 2006/2007.

Doominator2 said:

You mean playing a game that's graphically similar to Minecraft, doesn't have gay green monsters, and requires much less time investment means you need to get a life?

Nah, that's too stupid. You probably just got rused by some kids who didn't want you creeping on them anymore.

Coopersville said:

You mean playing a game that's graphically similar to Minecraft, doesn't have gay green monsters, and requires much less time investment means you need to get a life?

Nah, that's too stupid. You probably just got rused by some kids who didn't want you creeping on them anymore.

Nah, from what I've seen, the Call of Duty-Eminem kids seem to have become the games biggest audience after it was ported to Xbox. I always found it strange when they criticize older games graphics; considering Quake's engine was more advanced graphically in 1996 then Minecraft is now.