Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

World Extermination Radio (Alternative Doom Radio)

3dXhlQ9.png

WORLD EXTERMINATION RADIO!

World Extermination Radio (WXR) is an alternative Doom-related internet talk radio station hosted by myself, and splatterhouse.

Our talk show invites members both in and out of Doomworld to talk about the things we know and love about Doom, the custom levels, and the community surrounding it. We have a very positive outlook on Doom and we wish to extend awareness of Doom's greatness out towards people who may have played Doom once or twice in the past or not at all and encourage them to be a part of our growing Doom society, as well as remind listening space marines what drew them into playing Doom in the first place and the great things about the game that continue to keep them drawn toward this awesome game.

Here are our episodes that we've recorded so far, including some members of Doomworld, as well as some of our Doom idols, such as Tom Hall (programmer and level designer for Doom) Jonas Feragen, (project leader for Hell Revealed 2) and Brad Carney (developer of Wrack) and many other fantastic Doomers!

SEASON 6 -- NEW!!!

S6:E2 Demonologist --- (MP3 Download) NEW!!!

S6:E1 Megalyth --- (MP3 Download) NEW!!!

SEASON 5

S5:E10 Impie --- (MP3 Download) NEW!!!

S5:E9 Obsidian --- (MP3 Download) NEW!!!

S5:E8 Tormentor667 --- (MP3 Download) NEW!!!

S5:E7 American McGee --- (MP3 Download) NEW!!!

S5:E6 Purist & Dylan --- (MP3 Download) NEW!!!

S5:E5 I, Coleman --- (MP3 Download) NEW!!!

S5:E4 Eris Falling --- (MP3 Download) 

S5:E3 Dario Casali --- (MP3 Download) 

S5:E2 joepallai --- (MP3 Download) 
S5:E1 Looper --- (MP3 Download) 

SEASON 4

S4:E10 PARTY TIME --- (MP3 Download)

S4:E9 Jaxxoon R --- (MP3 Download)

S4:E8 TraceOfSpades --- (MP3 Download) 

S4:E7 MarnetStapler --- (MP3 Download)

S4:E6 General Rainbow Bacon --- (MP3 Download) 

S4:E5 traversd --- (MP3 Download) 

S4:E4 darknation --- (MP3 Download) 

S4:E3 Impie --- (MP3 Download) 

S4:E2 Tango --- (MP3 Download)

S4:E1 joe-ilya --- (MP3 Download)

SEASON 3

S3:E10 Splatterhouse --- (MP3 Download)

S3:E9 nxGangrel --- (MP3 Download) 

S3:E8 Megalyth & Splatterhouse --- (MP3 Download) 

S3:E7 Bauul --- (MP3 Download) 

S3:E6 Fonze --- (MP3 Download) 

S3:E5 Jimmy --- (MP3 Download) 

S3:E4 CapnClever --- (MP3 Download) 

S3:E3 MrGlide --- (MP3 Download)

S3:E2 Goatlord--- (MP3 Download)

S3:E1 Doomkid --- (MP3 Download) 

SEASON 2

S2:E10 Alfonzo --- (MP3 Download)

S2:E9 Cynical --- (MP3 Download) 

S2:E8 Splatterhouse and GoatLord --- (MP3 Download)

S2:E7 joe-ilya --- (MP3 Download)

S2:E6 Zakken --- (MP3 Download)
S2:E5 SuitePee and MrGlide --- (MP3 Download)
S2:E4 Splatterhouse Ralphis and HumanBones --- (MP3 Download)
S2:E3 Splatterhouse and Dragonfly --- (MP3 Download)
S2:E2 Jay and messiah --- (MP3 Download)
S2:E1 Splatterhouse --- (MP3 Download)

SEASON 1

E1: Keep Calm and Play Doom ft. Ralph "Rakohus" Vickers --- (MP3 Download)
E2: Master of Doom ft. Tom Hall --- (MP3 Download)
E3: Revealing Hell ft. Jonas "Chrozoron" Feragen --- (MP3 Download)
E4: Carcasses ft. Obsidian --- (MP3 Download)
E5: Get Wracked ft. Brad "Carnevil" Carney --- (MP3 Download)
E6: Natural Forces of Tvventy Valkiris ft. NaturalTvventy and Valkiriforce --- (MP3 Download)
E7: Second Amendment ft. NaturalTvventy and Obsidian --- (MP3 Download)
E8: The Dreaded "S" Word ft. General Rainbow Bacon and ArmouredBlood --- (MP3 Download)
E9: All Hail the Doom God ft. Anders Johnsen --- (MP3 Download)

Just finished a new project or have one coming up? Send us a message on Doomworld or to our Youtube profile! We like to help promote new releases or underrated wads that may have flown under the radar. Just be sure to tell us important info like what IWAD it's for, what source port, a few brief details of what it's about (story-line, gameplay style, inspirations, etc.)

Check us out live! Our show is hosted on twitch.tv and can be listened to live (whenever we get a regular programming schedule arranged) so follow my twitch profile and get updated when our show broadcasts live!

Edited by 40oz

You revealed my name! My secret weakness! NOOOOO!!!!

Just kidding. Looking forward to the next show with you guys. :-D

I'm gonna listen to this, and I hope I will finally learn to better understand English in its spoken form.

Seriously. I need that, and I'll like it :)

Checked out the interviews with Tom Hall and Obsidian and the the only thing I learned was that 40oz talks too much! There were a couple of times Tom came out with a new tidbit of information about Doom's early development and 40 would 'no sell' it... poor form man, learn to listen more. Also I learned that Obsidian is a choice kiwi bro.

hell yeah! we're going to have anders johnsen on the show to talk about alien vendetta very soon, too, so if you like AV, keep your eyes open for that one!

The demons are invading and they're bringing radio shows with them! Episode 7 is available now on youtube and in MP3 format, so check it out! Sorry for the delay on the MP3 downloads for the previous episodes, my file arrangement is a mess but they will be available soon!

Stick around because we're trying to do one episode a week! if anyone else would like to hop on board and do a show with us, we'd love it! Everyone's opinion is valued and we'd love for you to share it with us on the air! Send me a private message and we'll arrange something for you!

Listened to the Ralphis and Tom Hall episodes so far. Good stuff. Especially liked the new details about things that never even made it into the alphas from Tom, and that he confirmed that he did almost everything in some of his levels.

From the Hall interview, I was most surprised to discover that the UAC logo is actually a spaceship, flying over a couple of planets. I like that he discussed it as if it's just obvious that that's what it is; really?!

Oh lawdy, if I had a mic, I'd shoot you a PM. I lack one though, so I'll be content to listen to episodes instead! :D

durian said:

From the Hall interview, I was most surprised to discover that the UAC logo is actually a spaceship, flying over a couple of planets. I like that he discussed it as if it's just obvious that that's what it is; really?!

Yeah, I never knew that either. I just thought it was some stylized logo with no meaning. I wonder if the bombing logo would've made it clearer.

It's still not Alfonzo levels of lazy.

P.S. Listened to the Hall interview, finding out what the blue lights were supposed originally was probably the best bit. Really disappointed the topic of the current status of the community and the billions of attempts by the community to recreate Doom based on the Doom Bible didn't get touched on.

Oh sweet! I was afraid the Tom Hall interview wouldn't happen. Can't wait to listen.

I'm pleased that we have two of these Doom Radio-ish things going. Can we get a couple more please? That would be great. Thanks.

NiuHaka said:

Oh sweet! I was afraid the Tom Hall interview wouldn't happen. Can't wait to listen.

I'm pleased that we have two of these Doom Radio-ish things going. Can we get a couple more please? That would be great. Thanks.

you don't need more; all you need is WXR!!! haha

How on earth have I missed this thread? Fuck all kinds of duck.

I am sooo listening to these. Top stuff 40oz and splatter.

[edit] Is there any chance that the first 6 episodes are gonna get posted as .MP3s at all? I hope so.

Really enjoying these! Love the energy these guys bring, and it was a blast to be on it. Great discussion on the weapon balance the latest one (totally agree with NaturalTvventy on the SSG, BTW :P).

Tarnsman said:

It's still not Alfonzo levels of lazy.

P.S. Listened to the Hall interview, finding out what the blue lights were supposed originally was probably the best bit. Really disappointed the topic of the current status of the community and the billions of attempts by the community to recreate Doom based on the Doom Bible didn't get touched on.

I know, I scrambled for like 15 minutes before the show trying to find some unfinished projects but I didn't have much luck finding much or more importantly, any good questions to draw from them. I was nervous as hell too which is probably why I didn't shut up the whole time.

Also: Updated first post with MP3 downloads for all episodes!

Episode 8 is up! Talkin with AB and GRB about the ideas behind making slaughter maps versus traditional Doom level design, and some other stuff too. Youtube link and MP3 Download both available of course! Check it out!

Dragonsbrethren said:

Yeah, I never knew that either. I just thought it was some stylized logo with no meaning. I wonder if the bombing logo would've made it clearer.

I always thought the logo symbolized teleportation between the two moons. Which makes no sense in retrospect since UAC wasn't founded for that, but in my mind the triangle was perceived as a simplified arrow and the two spheres were strongly associated with Phobos and Deimos.
:0

Media Update!

In Episode 2, Tom mentions an alternate (evil) UAC logo involving the space ship dropping bombs on one of the planets. I asked Tom if he'd draw us a quick sketch of what it looked like from memory. He said he wasn't sure which of the two it was.

Also!

Jonas Feragen (Chrozoron) talks about an unfinished map he started when he anticipated making Hell Revealed 3!!! and he agreed to share it with us! Download link is below. (It's not done of course, so try not to be harsh!) It's undetermined whether he may eventually finish it some day!

chroz23.wad