Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
KoolKat

Doom Gal's shading finished

I am done enhancing old shading, adding shadows and blending pencil lines. I will scan this one soon.

Fredrik! What program do you use to colorize your pictures?

Fredrik uses PSP (Photoshop Paint Pro - full version, meaning that you can't download it from the net for free and expect to pull off the same "stunt" as fredrik)
Anyway, I'm taking the liberty of moving this thread to the old-school Doom General forum as this thread does not belong in the Fanfic Forum.

/Me moves thread

Any program that has layers with some blending modes work well for coloring drawings. Just put a layer over your drawing, set it to soft light(in photoshop), and spalsh color on that layer.

Adjusting the contrast on the drawing can give you some funderful results as well.

For that kind of task, I don't think the extra features of PhotoShop would give you much of an advantage. PSP will do the coloring job just as well.

dsm said:

Anyway, I'm taking the liberty of moving this thread to the old-school Doom General forum as this thread does not belong in the Fanfic Forum.

/Me moves thread

I think the fan fiction forum should be renamed to "Fan Art & Fiction"...

Fredrik said:

I think the fan fiction forum should be renamed to "Fan Art & Fiction"...

Yeah, could be a good idea - that'll save the general forum for all us "artists" ;-)

Fredrik said:

Who has the superpowers to do such things? Loot or Zaldron?

Ling.
I can't see how Lüt and Zaldron would have the powers to change a forum's name, but they *might* as well. After all, I'm just an ignorant Moderator - haven't looked at the Admin "office" from the inside ;-)

Heh, I was thinking about a Fan Art forum. Dunno how useful it would be. Perhaps a merge of Fiction & Art would be best?

Sounds logical to me. Oh and don't forget that PSP7's vertex tools are a thousand times more logical than the shit with the latest Illustrator. Goddamn that program is retarded.

dsm said:

I can't see how Lüt and Zaldron would have the powers to change a forum's name

Why, we're administrators.

deadnail said:

Oh and don't forget that PSP7's vertex tools are a thousand times more logical than the shit with the latest Illustrator. Goddamn that program is retarded.

Pfeh, even I had no trouble learning it. That says something.

Yeah but PSP breaks it down from a handful of tools with few options to a few tools with a handful of options, which, for me, makes it easier to just change one or two minor things and get the desired effect. Hey what the hell, it's a program designed for people with two mouse buttons and a wheel so they have that kind of flexibility.

Oh yeah and of course since it's PSP vectoring is just a different type of layers, and you can do any layer blending methods with a vector layer while you're still doing your vector work, which is a fucking Godsend.

Almost never used vector tools in PSP... just never felt like learning it, for some reason.

Well for doing something like tracing a sketch with vectors, then outputting a 4000x4000 version of it with no antialiasing whatsoever, then you can easily color and shade then, then resample it down to your final version and it'll look superb. Or so the Japanese tell me...

Lüt said:Why, we're administrators.

I meant no offence, but I just thought that being an admin wouldn't necessarily mean that you could alter the looks of the site (I was under the impression that altering a forum's title would be under that category).
Being an Admin is not the same as being the Webmaster...or am I talking bollocks?

dsm said:

I meant no offence, but I just thought that being an admin wouldn't necessarily mean that you could alter the looks of the site (I was under the impression that altering a forum's title would be under that category).
Being an Admin is not the same as being the Webmaster...or am I talking bollocks?

I don't know.

(the above statement is an example of pure, upright spam)

dsm said:

I meant no offence

Heh, I know.

dsm said:

Well, webmaster can change the main page and stuff, but as far as forum admins are concerned, there's only one admin panel on the forum, and we all share access to it now. So yeah I can set up forums and change color schemes and all that... heh you should see just the main page alone, it's like 20 screens tall, and the option menu on the left is about 2 =)

Lüt: how about callin it Doom Fanfare, dawg? Dat basically encompasses art, music, stories, etc. Dat should cover all da angles, don't ya think?

Bah, how bout these ideas?

Fan Works Forum
Fan Creations Forum

That is all I could think of...