Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madmanbc

Mouse use in Doom collectors edition

Howdy,

I just got back into playing Doom after a few years off. I found the collectors edition after trying to install the original discs without success in WinXP. Anyway, I can't figure out how to use the mouse to play Doom. Can someone point me in the right direction to making this work? I've been looking around for the last few days and haven't been able to find anything, and I've tried using the search function here, but it says I'm not authorized (or something like that).

Thanks in advance,
Brian

Mouse support in DOOM95 (the front end that comes with Collector's DOOM) is broken under Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

The solution is simple: get a source port such as PrBoom, ZDoom or JDoom.

I think the problem lies in the XP part of your statement, lots saying it won't play old Doom

fodders said:

I think the problem lies in the XP part of your statement, lots saying it won't play old Doom

It plays DOOM95 perfectly except for the broken mouse support.

mouse look works fine on mine when using Doom95......i thought the setup for 2000 was the business one 4 ME, which is what i have

/me shudders

so if that helps good work if not, dont ask me

InfraRed said:

mouse look works fine on mine when using Doom95......i thought the setup for 2000 was the business one 4 ME, which is what i have

/me shudders

so if that helps good work if not, dont ask me

ME is not 2000.

It is a definite fact that DOOM95's mouse doesn't work under Windows 2000 and XP.

Thanks for the extremely quick help. I downloaded and installed PrBoom and it works like a champ. I've read a few reviews of the Doom Collectors edition that mention the fact that the mouse doesn't work.

Thanks again,
Brian