Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Episode 1 and 2 replacements

Looking for episode 1 and 2 replacements to muck around with, anyone got a good listing?

Some I've already played:

-Favillesco Ep. 1 & 2
-Fava Beans
-KDIZD
-900 Deep in the Dead
-2002: A Doom Odyssey
-Base Ganymede (Partially)
-Chubz Missions, Episode 1
-Doom the way Id Did (both official and lost episodes)

These are the filenames

Orthodox E1 style:
01fava
class_ep
retroeps
pe1_phob
pho_outp
class_e2
kdu
phobmass

Innovative E1 style:
900deep
bgnymd
danne1
dbimpact
ferno
kdizd_11
mapgame
nhfl
par-lutz
sub-ep
xenusrev

E2 style:
b2b
ddvu
f_ep2

and mine off course.

esselfortium said:

Have you played Espi's E2 replacement, Back to Basics?

Yea I have, pretty thought out and tricky levels.

Coffee Break is for Doom 2 if I recall correctly having played it, I am asking for Doom episodes in the vein of E1 and E2.

Eye of the Beholder I by Jon Landis

- E2 replacement
- New music
- 1 new monster

Found it on a shareware CD. I doubt anyone here has played this one, the only thing I can find online of its existence are in 1pois1.txt and eob2s.txt.

I've included a DEH patch (from EOB.EXE using DeHackEd) that is required for the new monster. The BFG is also modified, but it's not as powerful as the original.

walter confalonieri said:

Slaughter Until Death by The innocent Crew, since nobody mentioned this little jewel...

Actually he recorded a playthrough of sudtic, and yeah, it's good classic stuff, along with teutic.wad

Some additional mentions, some of them are not entire episodes but they contain some maps in the vein of the original E1 and E2

dodead.wad
phobos.wad
t_dunn01.wad
bas_evil.wad
Ritesmit.wad

walter confalonieri said:

Slaughter Until Death by The innocent Crew, since nobody mentioned this little jewel...

Great episode, as was The Evil Unleashed.

Xaser said:

To toot one half of my own horn, No End in Sight has quasi-doomy E1 and E2 episodes. Might be worth a look. ;)

Also, very much end1.wad.

Will check these out.

It's a decade old but there are some decent levels in No Hope For Life episode 1 -- for my money the Pablo ones.

I did the E1M3 in this set, which is homagey as fuck and too cramped; and way too difficult. Just, uh, ignore that. I can do better, honest. ;)

Jayextee said:

It's a decade old but there are some decent levels in No Hope For Life episode 1 -- for my money the Pablo ones.

I did the E1M3 in this set, which is homagey as fuck and too cramped; and way too difficult. Just, uh, ignore that. I can do better, honest. ;)

I played that wad long time ago, and I lost the file, now I can have it again, thanks!

here's a cool one

casual difficulty but lovely simple designs. there's a third episode too but it becomes less subtle and more Barons Everywhere-ish. dunno if you find that to be a positive or a negative! =P

Firstly Phobos Revisited by Rex. Competently unmentioned so far. Also Deimos Slight Return although I wasn't too fond of it.

This includes all styles in one episode but Doom Redemption by Slayer is great.

Also, both demos of Flashback contain at least one map in E1 and E2 styles.

Doom Mercenaries Demo also comes to mind, though it's more quasi style.

High/Low 1 and 2 are in generally E1 and E2 style respectively. Still unmentioned by Chris would also include Meek, Gamma Labs, and Frontier Settlements, all E1 style.

Timelessness is a good E1 style map by Andy Leaver.

Finally Once Again Sillouhettes of Phobos has three good maps at least semi to style.

And there's definitely still some one or two level wads missing.