Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

The Tea Party's Little Rule Change They Didn't Want you to Know About

I'm sorry but this is just fucking disgraceful. This isn't a bunch of ideological kooks, this is genuine corruption right here. These assholes know what they're doing.

People seriously need to start sharing this shit.

The level of premeditation is scary. But the problem is, even if you played it from every media outlet in the country (which won't happen) they'll still hold all the cards. Scandal and corruption might be enough to wipe out an individual's political career, but not the whole party.

I can't find the words to describe how petty and meaningless all these theatrics are.

Wake me up when there's actually a meaningful shutdown.

So how does the Tea Party have any power? Does America owe them for throwing tea in Boston Harbor dressed as Indians?

geo said:

So how does the Tea Party have any power?

They do and they don't. They have tons of public support which keeps them getting elected, but politically even many in the gop are beginning to revile them because they truly aren't much more than obstructionist pests.

Quast said:

They do and they don't. They have tons of public support which keeps them getting elected, but politically even many in the gop are beginning to revile them because they truly aren't much more than obstructionist pests.

They're elected? Tea Party seems to me like the troll vote. Like having a poll to feed kids healthy food, candy or shit. They will chose shit.

geo said:

So how does the Tea Party have any power?

Because in 2010 we wanted to Take Our Government Back (tm). The horrifying thing is that this decision has a snowballing effect. These anti-government candidates we elected have caused congress to effectively stop functioning, therefore increasing hatred toward the government. As a result, we'll likely send more of these destructive people into Washington next November.

Wagi said:

Because in 2010 we wanted to Take Our Government Back (tm). The horrifying thing is that this decision has a snowballing effect. These anti-government candidates we elected have caused congress to effectively stop functioning, therefore increasing hatred toward the government. As a result, we'll likely send more of these destructive people into Washington next November.

I think people have always not liked the government. Its just a business that we all exist in. Unless you want to teach your kids, protect your property and get clean water all yourself (which some people do).

Most of the laws that exist are to protect the majority of people from a minority of idiocy.

Wagi said:

I don't know about that

"According to the NBC/Wall Street Journal poll out this week, the GOP-Tea Party efforts to defund or delay Obamacare—the demand which directly led to the government shutdown—has brought about a seven point increase in popularity of the law...Finally, there is little question that the GOP is bearing the brunt of blame in the standoff over re-opening the government and the debate over the debt ceiling as 53 percent of the public now places the blame on Congressional Republicans compared to 31 percent who view President Obama as being the guilty party."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2013/10/11/boomerang-poll-reveals-gops-government-shutdown-bolstered-obamacare-popularity-by-20/

geo said:

I think people have always not liked the government.

People have always disliked the government, but not to the extent that people do now. I can't think of another point in history where Congress's approval rating has been as low as 5%.

Wagi said:

People have always disliked the government, but not to the extent that people do now. I can't think of another point in history where Congress's approval rating has been as low as 5%.

Their approval rating is low because the peons believe that the government isn't doing enough. This can hardly be described as "not liking the government".