Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HellGod

thanks to me, the csdoom master server is back

This is my first post on here. Some of you probably know me from playing csdoom/zdaemon while the rest of you probably do not. As we all know, the csdoom master server has been down for atleast 2 months now if not longer. Some of us, including me, wanted to get the csdoom master server back online. I recently managed to contact fly via email and explain to him the bad news about the csdoom master server. I suggested that I could host it for him on one of my shell accounts (atleast temporarly until the original maintainer gets off his ass and fixes it assuming he's still alive heh). Anyway, to make matters short, I am now the one hosting the csdoom master server so for those of you like csdoom, you can thank me.

P.S. does anyone know _Bahdko_'s (the original maintainer) email address? I like to *atleast* email him so he knows what's up.

P.S. does anyone know _Bahdko_'s (the original maintainer) email address? I like to *atleast* email him so he knows what's up.

him?? :) you can prolly find her email addy somewhere on http://www.doom2.net, thats her site.

oh, and thats cool about the csdoom master too ;)

Indeed this is a great news for all the online playing Doomers out there. Thanks for such a thoughtful management for us!

Hellgod i thank you a zillion squillion frillion times over and over! Thanks mate, now i can get back my 171 ping that i had on nearly all CSdoom servers instead of my shitty 257-314 ping on zdaemon! Woo hoo!

Everyone make sure when you go into a game to tell everyone the Csdoom master is back up to spread the word, we need more servers up on Csdoom now. And its easier to set up a server too. Theres only a few up at the moment, but im sure there wil be more up soon!

His Flufiness the Tedster.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Wot he sed ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Yeah thx a lot HellGod, ZDaemon is quite a bit slower 4 us UK doomers. Thx!

I'v spread the word on several ZDaemon servers 2day + 1 csDoom server, cos i didnt notice it was 1, lol, they must'v thought i was a right wanker tellin them that csDoom was workin again. Then again, that might'v been 1 of the servers that IDE still picked up without the master server - i'm not sure.

I couldnt b bothered 2 mention ur campaign fluffy, sorry, lol.

ps. once i think i spelt HellGod wrong and put HellDog, rofl

hey lord, i thought you told me that you were living in Texas or somewhere in america, and actually you are british :)

A Fluffy Teddy said:

Aye copster a born and bred british bull dog. Lets hear it for the british bull dog!

Shame the British Bulldog died last week :(

erm... the master server seems 2 b down again. Wotz goin on, HellGod?

MaTT [TiK] said:
erm... the master server seems 2 b down again. Wotz goin on, HellGod?

Well, when it comes back, make sure you announce it on every single forum again. We love it when you crosspost offtopic spam.

Fly has decided to switch the csdoom master server's host back to _Bahdko_ although without actually notifying me first. _Bahdko_, who I managed to get in contact with a few days ago, was the one who informed me about this. So _Bahdko_ is running the csdoom master again. It's sad actually that for the last 2 months or so the reason why it was down was because her win32 box had died. She (it's a she right? that's what will said.. no way i could've known heh) had some linux boxes or servers she could've set it up on but she didn't have the source thus there was no way to compile it for linux. Someone actually sent her a linux precomiled binary I believe like 2 weeks ago but the only reason it was still down was because the csdoom host wasn't updated to point to the new ip. She had no way of getting in contact with Fly. To think actually that much of this could've been avoided in the first place if she could've contacted fly heh. The csdoom master server hopefully shouldn't go down for any lengthly period of time again. If for any reason _Bahdko_ can't host it anymore, I'm always here for backup :)

sorry fraggle m8, but i thought it was very important :)

[i still think the :) looks like a pedo]