Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quasar

Doom wiki may shut down for the week

Due to some funding mishaps, the server bill for MancuNet may not get covered this week, causing a temporary shutdown. Only $160 is needed so a couple of moderately generous donations to the Paypal button right now could help keep it open.

fraggle said:

Just paid the full amount. Hope this helps.

I'm at a loss of words.

Dang, I love the Doom Wiki... it's one of the best I've seen in terms of information and formatting. Thanks Fraggle!

But dang, $160 a week? That seems really high.

Well done fraggle, my contribution's modest by comparison.

Magnusblitz said:

But dang, $160 a week? That seems really high.

More likely for a month, though even that seems a bit steep.

Damn I would've liked to help out, but than again it would've taken time because I don't have funds directly in my paypal right now. :P

fraggle your the best. Doom Wiki is such a cool site and I hate to see it go down, even if it's only temporary. Most of my Doom knowledge came from that site.

An immense thanks to fraggle and others for helping out. I'm in the process of trying to get my own business going, and as anyone knows the first year can be rocky financially. A series of poor timings and unfortunate events have caused me to be in a bad position. I have submitted necessary payment, so the only hope now is it beat the deadline.

GreyGhost said:

Well done fraggle, my contribution's modest by comparison.
More likely for a month, though even that seems a bit steep.

Yes per month, and my server expenses are higher than they should be I realize. I'm working on making some changes, moving things around, but in the meantime the main machine has to still be kicking.

Also my servers are used for much more than the doom wiki, including things outside of the doom-sphere.

Clonehunter said:

Hooray for fraggle! It's too good of a community resource to lose.

Seconded.

Mancubus II said:

Also my servers are used for much more than the doom wiki, including things outside of the doom-sphere.

Everyone is thanking me, but Manc is the real hero here. He's been running one of the staples of the Doom community for years now. If I can play some small part in keeping that going then I'm glad to help.

fraggle said:

Everyone is thanking me, but Manc is the real hero here. He's been running one of the staples of the Doom community for years now. If I can play some small part in keeping that going then I'm glad to help.

Yeah, we certainly know Mancubus is the one running the place, and I can't stress how much the community appreciates that. People like him, Ty, Ling, etc., are the ones that keep Doom alive... literally. That said, it's still a very noble and important gesture from you. As Quasar said, thanks to everyone who make this sites possible. Without you Doom wouldn't be where it is right now.