Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Waffenak

Want to start doom collection with a blast?

Impressive looking collection. It always annoys me a bit though when I see an auction like this: he'd do much better selling off the items individually rather than one giant collection. I see a couple of things I would potentially buy but realistically I'm not going to buy the entire lot.

Good lord, that's a lot of stuff right there. Definitely looks like it's worth the $5k asking price he's wanting!

I fancy staging a real life version of Point Break just so I can get the money for this. That's an amazing collection.

That is impressive. But fraggle is right: It's better to sell them separately, or at least divide it in "sub-collections". Even a hardcore collector would think it twice before spending 5K at once in videogames.

fraggle said:

Impressive looking collection. It always annoys me a bit though when I see an auction like this: he'd do much better selling off the items individually rather than one giant collection. I see a couple of things I would potentially buy but realistically I'm not going to buy the entire lot.

Agreed. He has a lot of nice stuff (much of which I already have), though even if shipping to Oz could be arranged I'm not about to drop $5k to fill some gaps in my collection.

This is probably more impressive than some of the big Star Wars collections I've seen and gawked at. Fuck how many Blue Snaggletooths and Carded Vaders someone might have, this Doom collection puts them all to shame. If I had 5k to flippantly spend, I'd snatch this up in a heartbeat.

I am not very impressed. It is a nice collection, but nothing out of this is really hard to find. The only thing, which is really expensive is the id anthology. All other items are easy to find at ebay, and would not cost $5k.

SavageCorona said:

Fuck's sake.

The combined weight of those games must be hefty, unless you send them in many smaller parcels. I don't know if that is good idea either.

The seller offers the whole collection so they can sneak Daikatana in (second picture, upper-right corner behind Doom). Nobody would buy that individually :P

cybdmn said:

I am not very impressed. It is a nice collection, but nothing out of this is really hard to find. The only thing, which is really expensive is the id anthology. All other items are easy to find at ebay, and would not cost $5k.

LOL. I wonder what would impress you then.

GreyGhost said:

Maybe a shelf full of boxes signed by the team at id?

I wonder if Carmack would sign my game boxes if I traveled outside Id offices, loaded my games in wheelbarrow and rushed inside the office storming hallways looking for carmack for signing marathon. I think getting signatures from ex-id software employees would be much easier

Waffenak said:

I wonder if Carmack would sign my game boxes if I traveled outside Id offices, loaded my games in wheelbarrow and rushed inside the office storming hallways looking for carmack for signing marathon. I think getting signatures from ex-id software employees would be much easier

If you can track them all down succesfully. I've always wanted to get my new-but-no-longer-sealed box of Dark Forces II signed by the live action cast. So far the only one I was able to track, though not ever get to personally, was Jason Court, who operates a winery. Lightsabers to wine, who figured? I guess it all has to do with a more civilized age.

As impressive as that collection is and as much as I'd love to have it, I can't afford it (unless I lend a few more grand from someone/somewhere).

The collection all together for $4,200 is fair I think. Him selling the products individually defeats the purpose (and the value) because he had to obtain most of them individually. When you have a house built for you, you don't just pay for the materials. You pay the workers to build it for you too.

There looks like a lot of stuff that I like isn't in there though. I really would have liked to see the Doom shirts, Posters/ads, and some Doom movie stuff (although it is listed as an idsoftware collection more so than a Doom collection)

sucks when the wifey "just doesn't get it." Q!Zone sounds hilarious though.

Saw this earlier as well, could be wrong but he didn't have original Doom in there right? only shareware and various bundles. Which would be odd given the amount of items, and an anthology duplicate.

Fernito said:

LOL. I wonder what would impress you then.

My own collection impresses me more, even though it is far from being complete. As someone told here, he have no original original release.
I have a 1.1 and a 1.2 release. Instead of one RtCW tin box, i own five individual tin boxes (black/silver/blue from US, UK tin and german tin)
He have nothing like The Lost Episodes of Doom, Hell to Pay, Perdition's Gate of Hacx, i have all of them.
I have two releases of Zaero, one US and one EU release, beside Juggernaut, i own a netherland release of it, called Phenomena. His collection misses Shrak completely. And so on.

The stuff that he have, which i have not is easy to find on ebay, andmostly not very expensive.