Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)

I don't really see a problem with lava on a ceiling, even with water seeing as Doom 2 maps did such a thing, Hell's logic after all.

I liked what the ceiling looked like in version 13. Now that I think about it, that was also your doing.

What it looked like, before lava.

Let the masses decide what it better.

TheMionicDonut said:

I liked what the ceiling looked like in version 13. Now that I think about it, that was also your doing.

[image]

Mionic. If you hate the lava, then the lava is gone. Simple. In truth I haven't tried to impose my own 'theme' on your levels, I've simply tried to make them so they are consistently textured throughout, because generally they are not. I totally apologize if I have walked too much over your mapping style and creativity in making these changes. But that said, some changes had to be made, both for vanilla compatibility and for the sake of consistency across the levels.

Interestingly enough, the version of the map whoo sent me a week or two ago did not look like that screen you have just posted here. So somewhere or other, whoo and you have different versions of map 28.

But that aside, I'll finish making changes, I'll send the finished versions to you for your thoughts, we'll make any final changes that you think, and then that is the version of your two maps that will get sent to the testers for final testing and then back to whoo for inclusion in the final list. Otherwise things get too complicated going back and forth to mappers, testers, me and whoo.

TheMionicDonut said:

Since you ask I prefer the newer lava version. But I'm not sure if it's because of the angle of the screenshot or other changes that were made.

I am a lazy bastard; this weekend is taken up by a nerd expo where there was allegedly a cyberdemon cosplayer (I blame females for missing all trace of him) and the expansion pack I bought there.

I did advertise Devilution to some guys reminiscing about Doom though so it evens out. Maybe.

So Ragnor what you are saying is basically this. "I did this thing I wanted to do, but it's ok because I also did this other thing I wanted to do." :P

Whoo said:

Perhaps if you're looking for more contrast you can use RROCK05.

I was thinking similarly. It'd give that same feeling of heat and appearance of contrast without breaking immersion quite as much. (Though I don't really mind the lava ceiling myself. Doom's been doing weird liquid ceilings since the first game.)

I really like that white crackle rock in TMD's screenshot. Looks like cake frosting.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

So Ragnor what you are saying is basically this. "I did this thing I wanted to do, but it's ok because I also did this other thing I wanted to do." :P

I guess. I did say I'd be working on it though, only to one day later go do something else. At the moment its juggling Devilution and another personal project ive got going. So yeah, dont go logging on every five minutes looking for a new bug report for a while..

OV3RDR1VE said:

Hey Guys !!!!

I do enjoy how you are doing this project.

I want to suggest 7 new midi sounds . Im really sure that they will suit very well in TNT 2 . They sound very solid . plz add them.

http://yadi.sk/d/udJtXANHBjwgA

Sorry, but as far as I can tell you just grabbed a bunch of midis off the web and threw them into a zip.

Thats not so bad . You still have unfinished levels and what the reason you should not use this music ? This is kinda cool soundtrack . solid , powered . And it will suit very well in this awesome expansion . Just think a bit more time . If I were you , I would like to use it because it will not make your expansion worse . May be we should ask others` opinions?

The thing is, you need permission from the authors. You can't just download a bunch of midis from the web and use them. It's called copyright.

We're planning to have all the midis in this project be original, so no tracks collected from random websites. Anyways, there's already been a ton of new midis created for this project.

I grabbed them from Doom RTS. It was made by a guy for Russian Community . It is a free modification . It contains free content for all . I dont need authors permission , because he allows to use it in your personal needs . Any problems?

OV3RDR1VE said:

I grabbed them from Doom RTS. It was made by a guy for Russian Community . It is a free modification . It contains free content for all . I dont need authors permission , because he allows to use it in your personal needs . Any problems?

Sorry, but it's not going to be included in the project. If you have any original MIDIs feel free to submit them, but we're not interested in tracks based on existing music.

All right. I understood. Sorry I just wanted to help. How is the whole work going ? In percentage , how do you think?

Percentage wise, I'd say probably around 90%. I (hopefully) should have all the maps by the end of the month and after that all that's left is co-op testing, further SP testing, and MIDI collection.

OK. Don't forget about new Titlepic, interic , end background , new intermission texts. I know about new textures but what about monsters?

Processingcontrol said:

We're planning to have all the midis in this project be original, so no tracks collected from random websites. Anyways, there's already been a ton of new midis created for this project.

Dammit.
I'm so used to the midi I stuck on map28 that I can hardly imagine it with anything else...

(theres always the directors cut version)

OV3RDR1VE said:

I dont need authors permission , because he allows to use it in your personal needs .

You don't need a permission because you already have it?

TheMionicDonut said:

Dammit.
I'm so used to the midi I stuck on map28 that I can hardly imagine it with anything else...

(theres always the directors cut version)

So am I. What was that from anyway?

MAP28 had a MIDI? It was always silent when I tested it.

Regarding automap names and intermission texts, we'll need to create a DeHackEd patch for those. This raises the question: Is DOOM2.WAD or TNT.WAD going to be the IWAD for this mapset? The maximum sizes of text strings differ depending on which IWAD you'll be using, so certain level names or text sequences might have to be trimmed down to fit.

Ragnor said:

So am I. What was that from anyway?

I honestly dont remember exactly. It sat on my hard drive through three computers (desktop, first laptop, second laptop) and five years.

All I remember is that it, along with a few other midis (not as cool) were put on a website as a hypothetical thing for a medieval epic storyboard. I have no clue if the site still is working.

Look up "knights of rodan"