Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Jenesis demos [-complevel 9]

didierbertrand said:

which version of the jenesis did you use ? your demo desync with my version of the wad.

I forgot to mention that in the post, sorry (but it's in the txt). As SAV88 said. I used jenesis.wad (from /idgames, if I remember correctly), not jenefix.wad.

Altima said:

Why does this game not have more attention? It's fucking awesome.

Map15 "Alchemy"
UV-Max in 7:13

This does make use of jenefix.wad so you'll need to get it to go with this demo. You can find it a little bit ahead in the thread, linked by Jimmy himself.

Here's the thing, with my version of jenefix.wad the textures look like you're in noclip mode. If I use normal jenesis.wad it's like you wrote in the text file, only 85% secrets. Are there different versions of jenefix.wad? I think I got mine from somewhere around here. PS Nice run.

Edit: I use PrBoom Plus v. 2.5.1.2.

If you're still wondering, you need to load jenefix together with jenesis (specifically, jenesis goes first and after that jenefix, this is very important).

I haven't recorded using jenefix. Is that a problem? I haven't encountered any errors on this specific map.

PS Same goes for my previously posted map 10.

Well, jenefix contains new versions of maps 10, 16, 17, 18, 20, 23, 24, 29. There is no changelog provided but presumably it improves these maps somehow so it's definitely recommended to use it.

Map 13: Transporter Station
UV-Max in 11:10

Lots of monsters per square meter resulting in some intense combat.
I think I can do it in about 10:30 but ran out of patience after a few days of dying.

Note to Jimmy: In the starting area, monsters (cacos and the pain elemental) can get stuck in that little staircase leading up to the green armor room. In some cases I've noticed this only after I've reached the exit. :P

Also in the tunnel leading to the outside yellow key area there is a little texture glitch (which you should see at around 7:40 or so), nothing big though.

jen13uvm-1110.zip

Map 17: Deadline (I see what you did there...)
UV-Max in 7:28 (second exit)

Fun map and definitely easier than 13. Had a fumble here and there but I'm quite happy with my time. Below 7:00 possible I think.

jen17uvm-728.zip

Map 18: Mineshaft
UV-Max in 9:00 (third exit)

Nice map with a catchy tune. Following this strategy, I don't think I can do much better. A few close calls. I hate mancubuses.

jen18uvm-900.zip

Memfis said:

Well, jenefix contains new versions of maps 10, 16, 17, 18, 20, 23, 24, 29. There is no changelog provided but presumably it improves these maps somehow so it's definitely recommended to use it.

Jenefix also includes Map15 as it fixes an unreachable secret and removes it from the game.

Map 26: The Savage Abyss
UV-Max in 19:43 (1st exit)

My Mac broke so I recorded this on my old Windows laptop. I hope it doesn't happen but let me know if there are desyncs (I used jenefix). Interestingly, the music sounds different than on the Mac.

Nice hellish map by the way. It was fun to play.

jen26uvm-1943.zip

Map 19: Subterranean Labs
UV-Max in 7:23 (third exit)

And with this, if it checks out, we have maxed Jenesis. Apart from map 32, but I can't find the exit even with cheats and to be honest I find that map a bit dull anyway, so somebody else can do it. :)

I could redo map 10 though because I haven't used jenefix and I can certainly improve on that run.

jen19uvm-723.zip

Kotzugi said:

Map 19: Subterranean Labs
UV-Max in 7:23 (third exit)

And with this, if it checks out, we have maxed Jenesis. Apart from map 32, but I can't find the exit even with cheats and to be honest I find that map a bit dull anyway, so somebody else can do it. :)

I could redo map 10 though because I haven't used jenefix and I can certainly improve on that run.

Map 19 UV-Max in 5:55 (second exit). Bonus first exit in 6:15. Fun run.

je19-555.zip

Ugh. Remind me to create my text file on Windows next time. If I create it on my Mac, all the spaces are deleted. Or I just shouldn't use TextEdit. The corrected file (with the same demos) is attached. Sorry.

jen15uvm-637.zip

Looks like I'm that someone else.

Map 32: UV Max in 7:22

Some interesting features when it comes to routing but not much fun to actually speedrun. Since this run is free of the Curse of the Wireless Keyboard, I'm content even though there are some clearly slow bits and there's room for improvement. On the plus side, several chaingunners that I suicidally run past all end up dead through infighting by the time I return and the cyber goes down fast so there's some good luck present as well. Leaving improvements and optimizing to someone else because $&%* this map.

The version of Jenesis I used is dated Nov.28, 2011. jensfix not used.

jen32uvm-722.zip

Ah, so it's a death exit. No idea how to use an editor to view sectors and stuff, and don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at anyway, so I couldn't figure out how to finish the map (lame). Not sure I like how it's implemented here.

But nice, full max now for Jenesis. :)

Kotzugi said:

Map 12: Highway of Destruction
UV Max in 10:39

Map 12
UV Max in 6:58

Someone pointed out to me that the last secret doesn't need an arch-vile jump and so, much time could be saved. Well not to the extent of 3:41, but in this run I got better infighting and changed a few tactics.

jen12-658.zip