Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
False Detector

id latest interview request

We've got commandos, zombies, hellknight, the imp … the hellknight is the big guy at the end.

A-HA! So this is how the Hell Knight looks like in the new game! Not bad, but I hope the BoH looks more BoHish than that.

Hell Knight...bah you were right then =P

Damn I hope they make something goatish of the BoH. With horns!

Fredrik said:

Hell Knight...bah you were right then =P

Who? Me???
I never suggested that that thing was a HK, I was hoping that it was something different, something new.
I don't mind that this thing is the HK, but they had BETTER make the BoH resemble the old one better (even the pinky resembles the old pinky better than the HK resembles the old HK).

I think this Hell Knight looks more like a "Nightmare Imp".

I think its behaviour is a bit funky btw... when it hits you, it looks just like Quake's Shambler. Nothing bad about that.

Hellknight?? You´ve got to be kidding me!
I like that Demon, but that can´t be a HellKnight....

/Screams Nooooooooo!!!

Why? whats wrong with the Hell "shiny shambler" Knight? Actually, I'm quite surprised I didn't pick that, Because I watched the footage again after discovering that "shiny" was the hell knight, and kicked my self for not picking it. Because, in a way, where you see him first and hide as he walks past, just is very hell knight-ish in my opinion. He's very well done, and I hope that the Baron will be as imposing.. and he should make "shiny" look like a teddy bear in comparison. Considering also I jumped when the shadow of "shiny" loomed against the door :|, Wanna see the new "lost soul" in action and the Arachnotron. (Green for plasma kiddies ;))

Ok... I read somethig weird in that last interview with ID.

Tim Willits: We call him the pinkydemon. We've got commandos, zombies, hellknight, the imp … the hellknight is the big guy at the end.

We've brought back some of the original characters, but of course given them upgrades, like you saw. The biggest one is the pinkydemon's got the mechanical back now, but we'll also have completely new creatures that were not in the original title.

The biggest upgrade, to him, was the new mechanical back for the Pinky. Since the Demon in the end doesn't look like a Hellknight to me, and therefore had to have a bigger upgrade than the Pinky, I think it's another Demon. I think, he's reffering to the Birdman as the Hellknight, probably, because it looks a hundred times more like a Hellknight than the 'Shambler' you guys are referring to..

Looks like a Hellknight to me: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screens/0,11105,469881,00.html?page=49
Looks like something else creapy to me: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screens/0,11105,469881,00.html?page=63

That thing is too small to be a HK - looks like a beefed up imp with horns to me.

Well, give it forward pointing horns originating at the back of its head and you've pretty much got the Hell Knight.
It has the right colour (greyish) and it's torso shape fits as well as the muscles.
Besides, I don't see why you'd complain about the Hell Knight just yet. Now, if the BoH looks the exact same with a more pinkish skin colour THEN I'd start complaining.
I'm really relieved and happy that they made the Hell Knight look different (I'd have been pissed if it looked exactly like a BoH) - at least until I get confirmed that the BoH looks different than this new Hell Knight.

And btw, it's 'creepy' not 'creapy' :-)

dsm said:

That thing is too small to be a HK - looks like a beefed up imp with horns to me.
Well, give it forward pointing horns originating at the back of its head and you've pretty much got the Hell Knight.
It has the right colour (greyish) and it's torso shape fits as well as the muscles.
Besides, I don't see why you'd complain about the Hell Knight just yet. Now, if the BoH looks the exact same with a more pinkish skin colour THEN I'd start complaining.
I'm really relieved and happy that they made the Hell Knight look different (I'd have been pissed if it looked exactly like a BoH) - at least until I get confirmed that the BoH looks different than this new Hell Knight.

And btw, it's 'creepy' not 'creapy' :-)

How does the BoH look like? is that a Hell knight? In doom they where the same ( only different color and strenght ).....

Ultimate Demon said:

How does the BoH look like? is that a Hell knight? In doom they where the same ( only different color and strenght ).....

The new Baron of Hell is yet to be seen.

I still hope they'll give it a goatlook.
Hey, at least give 'm some horns.
But if you look at the movie (2:57, to be exact), it doesn't have those goat-legs anymore. Although, it looks very impressive when it walks by, I still prefer the 'Goatish' look.

It seems to have metallic legs too..

BTW: Does anyone of you think that the way it walks by on 2:57 is scripted? Or will they just wander around in the level, wich is something I hope for ofcourse..

Disorder said:

I still hope they'll give it a goatlook.
Hey, at least give 'm some horns.
But if you look at the movie (2:57, to be exact), it doesn't have those goat-legs anymore. Although, it looks very impressive when it walks by, I still prefer the 'Goatish' look.

It seems to have metallic legs too..

BTW: Does anyone of you think that the way it walks by on 2:57 is scripted? Or will they just wander around in the level, wich is something I hope for ofcourse..

I love how the Baron of hell and hell knight in doom looks "Goatish"
Well i don't think it is scripted because today we have so advanced PC so i think they wander around in the level.

"Tim Willits: We call him the pinkydemon"

didn't Flathead introduce this term here on this forum?

Party on, FLathead !

Tim Willits said:
It's like the original never happened. The player is on the Mars base, and they arrive sometime before the invasion so they can walk around in a non-threatening-type environment. They can sense something's wrong, then "the event" happens, and the pinkydemons attack. There are people that aren't possessed that are working with the player … or they're working against with the player -- there's lots of mystery, there's lots of suspense. As you saw in the video, there's a good amount of scary horror scenes... The first game was an over-the-top action game. We want a scary-horror action game. It is a slower pace, as you saw, but we think that pace will really help immerse the player in that terrifying experience.

I love Half-Life, and apparently id does too =)

Zoost said:

"Tim Willits: We call him the pinkydemon"

didn't Flathead introduce this term here on this forum?

Party on, FLathead !

Umm, no. I think I did introduce the term "space janitor" when referring to the Bathroom scene, but as it turns out it was just another zombie.

FlatHead said:

Umm, no. I think I did introduce the term "space janitor" when referring to the Bathroom scene, but as it turns out it was just another zombie.

Well, the fat zombs could easily have been space janitors as well :-)
I mean, they don't look like scientists and they're certainly NOT soldiers. Yeah, they look pretty much like janitors to me :-)

Noooooooooooo

Are you telling me that everyone's favourite goat-horned guy is gone?

GS-1719 said:

Noooooooooooo

Are you telling me that everyone's favourite goat-horned guy is gone?

Are you talking about the Hell Knight?
Relax, there's still the BoH to be seen - the old Hell Knight was just a dublicate of the BoH with a different skin colour and not as tough.

The old Hell Knight can hardly be seen as a "favorite monster" as it was really just the BoH's weaker twin.

AIRmichael said:

Who was that guy who said they where going to use the havoc physics engine?:p

I bet he's hiding his head in shame now :-P
Doom 3's physics look AWESOME! I know that I'll like this game simply because of the physics - I'm already in love with it!