Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
splatterhouse

Disabling transparent projectiles/lost souls in Zandronum

I'm trying to figure out how to disable transparent projectiles and lost souls in Zandronum. I've read that the transparency configuration is contained within the RenderStyle property (at least for actors), so my question is, how can I edit the appropriate DECORATE definitions (if that's what I need to do) to change the projectiles and lost souls to spawn as non-transparent entities? Thanks!

YOU'RE THE MAN!!! Thanks so much! It works beautifully! And what are the default decals? Sorry, I've never delved into the mechanics of the different source ports; I just KILL DEMONS!!! haha

Lost souls actually have a built-in way to become opaque again: set transsouls to 1.0.

For projectiles, though, you do need to replace the actors.

Guest Unregistered account

I also disliked the (seemingly) random transparentness of the lost souls, too. Although I guess it kinda makes sense, what with them being ghosts and all.

splatterhouse said:

And what are the default decals? Sorry, I've never delved into the mechanics of the different source ports

Decals are the scorch/energy marks and blood spatter that get applied to walls when you shoot them/monsters in ZDoom. I personally think they look awful, they clash with the style used for the bulletholes/scorches/blood already drawn on some of Doom's textures and just clutter up the walls.

You can also disable them by setting cl_maxdecals to 0, but I figure getting rid of them in the PK3 has the advantage of letting custom decals still be used. They do have useful applications and the potential to look good, it's just the defaults I hate.