Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Demiurg

Ultimate Doom Poster?

Hi all. Watching the Doom III: Legacy movie I noticed the Ultimate Doom Poster in the id office. Anyone who knows if it's possible to buy somewhere? I've searched Google, but no luck.
Also, I saw in an earlier post that Newdoom.com supposedly had a scan of that poster in their doompics category - also at ftp://doom:doom@24.72.20.212/ and in Peter Heinemann's collection. But I can't find it/log in anywhere. Anyone who knows where I can find it?
Thanks in advance!

Fredrik said:

You could buy it directly from id Software for the cost of your soul :)

Hm, I could almost consider that actually.

[BTW, I'm also from Sweden. Hej på dig!]

DiSTuRBeD said:

He lives in your basement! :D

Nope, I'm hiding under a bed in Stockholm.

If I remember correctly that poster was a British promo poster which got banned and pulled from store walls or soemthing (I could be wrong, i usually am). If that's the case, good luck finding one.

999cop said:

Print one poster with your printer :)

Damnit, my printer's not that big :P

999cop said:

Print one poster with your printer :)

If I had a highres scan of the poster I could make a copy (not w/ my lousy printer though). But I can't even find a scan...

I have that poster... but I have no idea if it's still on my wall.

/me checks

Nope. it's gone. got old and ratty from me staring at it.

i bet u could prolly find one on ebay...but itll prolly be about 5 million dollars...if that doesnt work...infiltrate Id and rip it off =Þ

Demiurg said:

Ultimate Doom Poster ... I've searched Google, but no luck.
Anyone who knows where I can find it?
Thanks in advance!

Ultimate Doom poster has to be L(DaftU)T

fodders said:

Ultimate Doom poster has to be L(DaftU)T

I promise I'll beat him to 100,000.

Fredrik said:

Unfortunately, the quality of that image his horrible. It's the JPEG compression that does it. You must provide a 64 bit color TIFF of the original in 3x the resolution or else.

I wonder what your school psychologist wrote in your report :) Apparently, I'm "gifted but extremely lazy" or something.

Psyhologist? Haven't seen any of those here...

Perhaps that's why I am the way I am.

That pic didn't look that low-quality to me. I'll be the first to admit that JPEG compression bites the veiny one when it comes to printable quality, but that one actually looked pretty good.

DC

FlatHead said:

http://www.doomworld.com/lordflathead/storage/Ultidoom.jpg (insane resolution, 1.9MB)

This what you're looking for ?

Nope. But it was cool - thanks for the link. :)
The one I'm thinking of has a red demon's face and the text Ultimate Doom - Thy Flesh Consumed.

But this one might be the one the none-working links in my first post lead to - it was supposedly around 2 mb.

I have just one DOom poster, teh one that came in teh id anthology. And my mum managed to fuck that up with the vacuum cleaner, so.

My desire for more doom posters is matched only by my desire for more Mountain Dew.