Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Little Faith

Getting to know you, part 1.

This post will be the first in a series where I will pester you with inane questions in order to learn more about you. My new friends on these lovely forums.

Though they may seem rather annoying I only do them out of curiosity, not any kind of bad feelings.

My first question will be:

What style of music do you listen to? (Yeah, i know it's not very creative).

I, myself dig following artists and genres:

Industrial

New Breed from before it went Linkin Park-lame. Deftones rawx!

Heavy Rock like Tool and Monster Magnet

Hip Hop, mainly in my native language (danish) but i also do love Dan the Automator.

Trip Hop, why did that genre have to die?

Various electronica, from Chemical Brothers and Prodigy to Autechre and Boards of Canada, and Bjørn Svin of course, Bjørn Svin.

Dance from before it went totally crap (pre 1995).

Pop that is not too cheesy like Bjørk and Faithless.

Small fringe phenomenons like Pram.

Demo music of any kind. Send shit to my email address and I will review it.

And last but definately not least: JEAN MICHEL JARRE. No kidding, loved him since I was 7.

Of Doom music I like:

Mark Klem! Im a fan, Disposition is one of his best.

Kniggit. Too bad the Darkening2 soundtrack was flamed so severely. It was fantastic and now it seems like he has given up.

Punk, particularly what I consider good punk. "Good punk" to me is where I can understand the lyrics (me no like screamer bands), where the lyrics make me think, and the lyrics and tune are catchy enough where I can start half-assed singing along hours or days after hearing it. I tend to stick with the more original punk groups; I usually stay away from knock-off bands and most ska. Bad Religion, the Dead Kennedys, Green Day, Flogging Molly, No Use For A Name are the bands I've been listening to the most recently.

Of course, I can't claim to have any one favorite band or style. I'll listen to almost any kind of music, and enjoy all kinds of different songs from different artists. My WinAmp playlist is a hodgepodge of artists from the last fifty years. There are only two kinds of music I don't like: country/western (living between Utah and Texas, I cope) and Christian rock (sweet Jesus, I just can't stand that shit, and my roommates only make it worse).

All genres and any genre. My favorite band ever is Cake, if you hung around here more often you'd know that for sure ;)

Anyway, since I like too much shit to list here, here's the ten bands I've been listening to the most (not nessecarily favorites) recently...

1.) Funker Vogt (german electronic act, kinda sucks but it sounds good)
2.) Cake (the alpha and omega)
3.) Unreal Tournament's soundtrack (You know, UT)
4.) Pop Will Eat Itself (british industrial/electronic band that's been broken up since 1996)
5.) Das Ich (ask Lüt)
6.) Tool (I guess you know them)
7.) Buck 65 (Rapper, only have one song but I love it, can't find more shit by him)
8.) Soul Coughing (Funky pseudo-hiphop band that's been broken up since 1998)
9.) Heretic's soundtrack (You know, Heretic)
10.) Queens of the Stone Age ('Stoner rock' band)

Fred, you must build out your web-page immediately. Your ego has long since filled it up and is overflowing into DW. And don't count on DW to be able to contain your excess ego forever.

/me throws on a hazard suit and start plowing through the undernukage effect generated by Fred.

IMJack said:

Punk, particularly what I consider good punk.

Ah, then you need Punky Brüster: Cooked on Phonics, the only relevant punk album ever made =)

Little Faith splooged:
!

Heavy Rock like Tool

good choice!

Various electronica, from Chemical Brothers and Prodigy

hmm...this newbie has good taste so far.

Myself I like Tool, Chemical brothers, Thr Crystal Method, Collective Soul, AC/DC, Deftones, Primus, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and Cypress Hill's "Black Sunday" (the only rap cd I ever liked)

umm... geez, allkinds of stuff. like radioheah... the pulp fiction soundtrack...

What I don't like would tell you more about me, and that would be:
teeny bopper stuff as well as anything 'hardcore', rap... opra. I can stand anything else.

Fred, you must build out your web-page immediately.

I'm working on it.

And don't count on DW to be able to contain your excess ego forever.

I can't help liking my own music. No ego overflow about that.

Why is nobody mentioning any Doom music (besides their own).

My sincere apologies Fredrik. Of course you'd have to like your own music. Mainly because it rawx.

Perhaps you are using Vrack3 to store your excess ego. That would explain why it has to be so friggin' big.

Perhaps you are using Vrack3 to store your excess ego. That would explain why it has to be so friggin' big.

Vrack 3 got cancelled - I'm making Vrack 4 now.

My personal taste in music huh?
Well, lets see?
I like stuff from the 60's and 70's, Beach Boys, The Beatles, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Cream etc. Also I like more recent stuff like Rage Against the Machine, Queens of the Stoneage, Kyuss, Soundgarden... Stoner Rock mostly.

Fredrik said:

Vrack 3 got cancelled - I'm making Vrack 4 now.

What about that nice front porch then? Is it gone? Sniff.

1)Industrial metal (NIN, Rammstien, Rob/White Zombie, Marilyn Manson, Static-X, KMFDM)
2)Numetal (KoRn, Slipknot, Coal Chamber, Limp Bizkit)
3)Ska (Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake)
4)Pretty much any other kind of rock/metal.. and Eminem, strangely enough.

My favorite bands are: Staind, TOOL, Linkin' Park, Union Underground, Kid Rock, Drowning Pool, and System of a Down.
Mainly I listen to rock or hard rock, and I hate rap of any kind.

Techno/Electronic. That's about it, I really don't like music.

DooMBoy said:

I hate rap of any kind.

My favorite bands are: Staind, TOOL, Linkin' Park, Union Underground, Kid Rock, Drowning Pool, and System of a Down.

Little Faith said:

Why is nobody mentioning any Doom music (besides their own).

Heh, Mark Klem is probably my favorite artist.

DooMBoy said:

Linkin' Park

It still baffles me how people actually enjoy that putrid shit.

Archvile64 said:

It still baffles me how people actually enjoy that putrid shit.

There you insulted putrid shit.

"Linkin Park": "The story how metal became teenybopper."

Aww, cmon folks. We need a Linkin Park flame thread.

Little Faith said:

"Linkin Park": "The story how metal became teenybopper."

Aww, cmon folks. We need a Linkin Park flame thread.

Please start it.

I am an old hardcore Prodigy fan 10 years now, I also like Underworld, Daft Punk in moderation, PWEI, and loads, loads more besides I can't be bothered to name.

I like any GOOD music. My tastes go back through 80s and New Wave back to legendary bands like Dire Straits, The (Guildford) Stranglers, and The Police.

I also have a place for jazz and instrumental. I love The Shadows.

Heh, AND I love Mark Klem's work, too. Essential midis.

METAL!! black, death, doom, gore, grindcore, 80's. cradle of filth, mayhem, hypocrisy, iron maiden, twisted sister, kreator, mortician, just to name a few. and my all time favorite, GWAR!!!!

I also like reggae.

I also have a place for jazz and instrumental. I love The Shadows.

They're pretty good.