Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Objective-based wads?

I'm looking for something where the goal isn't just to get to the exit (and plots in the .txt don't count, either). Any notable wads that don't play like a typical doom wad/megawad?

Prime directive, Spave Station omega and RTC 3057 come to mind instantly I can't remember if Tei Tenga had something like that. I had a few more like that on my hard drive but I can't remember more off the top of my head.

The "Call of Dooty" series? :p

ZDCMP2 also features a series of in-game objectives (pick up item, defeat monster, acquire weapon, etc.).

Gez said:

ZDCMP2 also features a series of in-game objectives (pick up item, defeat monster, acquire weapon, etc.).

Ugh, Call of Dooty. Mind you, I would be interested in a wad with a CoD-like setting (E.g space marines with assortment of non-scifi weapons) without the CoD level of restrictions and pacing. Anything like that around?

I'm also looking for WADs like this. Playing CC4 I have noticed that the locales are sooo beautiful, yet the only thing you do is kill monsters and get to the exit. Such great appearance warrants more well... substance to the game. The game Strife comes to mind - even though its combat is worse than Doom's, the fact of it being so story driven more than makes up for it.

Action doom\2

E1M8 of ultimate doom
E2M8 of Ultimate doom
E3M8 of Ultimate doom
MAP30 of doom 2

EDIT: MAP30 of plutonia
MAP30 of TNT

Memfis said:

Trust is a good story wad imo, a bit depressing though.

Memfis you Russian beast. Thanks for reminding me of one I forgot also, resurrection thinking about it. I seem to have gotten Prime Directive mixed up with a Doom 1 objective based wad I meant. The one I meant was by DRD team but prime directive is an in progress one. Barista sounds familiar.

Gez said:

Argh, the drdteam server is down, anywhere else to get it?

rtc3057, cold as hell, dissolution, serpent resurrection, paranoid, 007 license to spell doom, super sonic doom, daedalus, phobos directive, unloved, probably others too

invictius said:

Argh, the drdteam server is down, anywhere else to get it?

Latest beta as of today: here.