Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quasar

Newest additions to my collection

Nice one, but do you have boxes and manuals with them? I personally can't stand bare cartridges in my shelf

chungy said:

I'm kind of curious what Hexen 64 is like :p

Okay, from what I recall, but I only ever really played through the opening map. I recall saves being incredibly large, though. I think I heard enemies only ever face you, too, but dunno how true that is anymore; no longer have my copy.

chungy said:

I'm kind of curious what Hexen 64 is like :p

I have Doom 64 myself, tho.

It's a straight port, and a fairly bad one. Very low framerate, unstable math used to project walls so they jitter constantly, controls cannot be customized and the way they are setup is not the least bit intuitive, lots of missing sounds from the PC version due to cart space limitations.

And the aforementioned save problem. It requires 90 out of the 123 pages of a stock N64 controller pak. I can't even currently really play it because I only have 76 pages free on the only pak I own. Not really looking forward to paying $20-30 for some shitty used one that is probably at the fringe of its burn cycle limit, either.

It is not however true about enemies facing you - it was the PSX version that had that limitation.

Meh, I personally find the N64 port of Hexen to be really good. If you think the N64 port is guilty of hogging up a pak, the PSX one takes an entire freakin' memory card for saves; plus they have a high tendency to corrupt for no reason. About the controls, I guess I just got used to them because one of the configs is similar to what I use on Doom 64. As for the elements from the PC original that are butchered, trust me, the other 2 have it worse. Who knows, this version might get to you over time. Especially if you play the PSX and Saturn ones.