Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wobbo

animation

In general, ALL CG animation has the same problem: subtelty, or lack of

Very few hand drawn animation has this problem (excet earth 2150 or whatever, that movies animation was so bad it was funny) In Final fantasy everybodys movements were overdone and dramatisized. In Shrek it wasnt as bad, but facial expressions were still a problem.(It was a kids movie so it was forgivable)

Some of dooms animation is looking fantastically realistic, subtle and scary

But a lot of what ive seen REALLY SUCKS ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Perfect example would be the first three minutes of the leaked footage. The scientist... nuff said

I think it looks really good actually, I'd like to see you develope a better engine...

I really like the part where the scientist walks towards the lab nervously, looking at his notes and such. He really does seem nervous. Yeah, the lyp-synching and hand movements are over-done but hey, it's a game. We've seen much, much worse.

actually the scientists nervous walking was perfectly fine, even bumping into the soldier (apparently a difficult thing to do) but his talking comes off WAY over the top, as does the soldier losing his soul, and some of the monser movements.

it's really just a matter of time. good animation takes a long time to refine. personally i think id should hire another full time animator, give fred a break! :)

The best modelled character i've seen yet is the DOOMGUY. He looks unspeakable cool. Who cares if the amination is a little overdramatized or blocky. It's a game.

Shaviro said:

The best modelled character i've seen yet is the DOOMGUY.

The old Doomguy (my avatar!) looked cooler - simply because he looked a lot tougher, but I agree that his animations are cool as Hell.

dsm said:

The old Doomguy looked cooler - simply because he looked a lot tougher, but I agree that his animations are cool as Hell.

I don't know if he looks tougher or not, but he sure looks younger (the new doomguy)

We don't know for sure if the dsm avatar really was the Doomguy. It could be one of the characters that die. Remember, you first see him as a normal guy and then as a skeleton? (Or so it seems).

Fredrik said:

We don't know for sure if the dsm avatar really was the Doomguy. It could be one of the characters that die. Remember, you first see him as a normal guy and then as a skeleton? (Or so it seems).

we're talking about the guy in the 11 minute video.

Shaviro said:

we're talking about the guy in the 11 minute video.

My post was a comment to dsm's mention of the old Doomguy in his avatar looking cooler than the new one.

Fredrik said:

My post was a comment to dsm's mention of the old Doomguy in his avatar looking cooler than the new one.

well. Then use quotes.

Shaviro said:

well. Then use quotes.

"We don't know for sure if the dsm avatar really was the Doomguy." - I think that makes pretty clear that I'm talking about the guy in dsm's avatar.

Fredrik said:

Oh he's the doomguy all right - no character I've seen in any other game looks like the old Doomguy like this particular model's face.
Do I really need to go through my indepth analysis of him again?
:-)

dsm said:

Oh he's the doomguy all right - no character I've seen in any other game looks like the old Doomguy like this particular model's face.
Do I really need to go through my indepth analysis of him again?
:-)

Oh I'm just speculating. But can you explain why the skeleton version of him was displayed right after?

Fredrik said:

Oh I'm just speculating. But can you explain why the skeleton version of him was displayed right after?

Uhh, that "skeleton" was probably their first shot at a zombie soldier - doesn't necessarily have to be the dead version of that guy.

dsm said:

Uhh, that "skeleton" was probably their first shot at a zombie soldier - doesn't necessarily have to be the dead version of that guy.

He had the same equipment... :P

Fredrik said:

He had the same equipment... :P

The former humans in the old Doom games had the same suits and armour as the Doomguy - only differently coloured (It *could* be that id had intended to make the soldiers more generic and realistic in looks of uniforms instead of the cheesy "various-different-colours-soldiers" of the old Doom).