Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

Hello again. Derived from this thread, I was trying to remember the name of a wad.

-I'm pretty sure it was made for July 4.
-It is relatively small.
-It uses a white keycard.
-It's not too old, probably less than 2 years.

A couple of days ago invictius suggested me this one, but the one I remember is not for GZDoom, it's playable on PrBoom. I think I may have it in my laptop, along with a couple thousands of other wads, so I thought it would be a better idea to post it here rather than searching my Doom folders in 3 computers for weeks.

Thanks in advance, and good day.

EDIT

There was this one doom wad, I think for Ultimate Doom, that was filled with enemies, kinda like Hell Revealed. I thought it was Fava Beans, but I was wrong (it might be called something similar). The 8th map had a circular design, or lots of circular objects. There was a lot of lava and I think the rooms may have been color coded. I know the first map had a lot of high ledges with tons of imps and hit scanners.

I played a 5-level Heretic wad found from a Dutch site in 2006 but can't remember it's name. E1M1 had damaging water in the starting room. E1M2 was a citadel and E1M3 a ship which was made of fake room-over-rooms.

There was one I played a while ago that was a reimagining of Dis in more of a city style, featuring an insanely huge upscaling of the Spider Mastermind as well as a ton of other enemies. I haven't been able to find it thus far.

This WAD is something im trying to remember when really young... all i remember is the fact every texture looks sort of inverted, all white and strange and all the monsters have people heads stuck on them like a strange beetles mash up..

My dad showed me it ages ago but he thinks im making this WAD up

There was an ice-based weapons mod for EDGE. I kinda want weapon mods in general for EDGE but that's the first one that comes to mind.

I do have Doom Forever, Shut Up And Bleed and Immoral Conduct before you recommend 'em.

Thanks a lot!
It seems that PM notifications aren't working again for me so I missed your message... Replied now.

Long before zdoom became a part of my life, I remember trying to play a wad that just didn't make sense. I believe it was my first experience with a wad that needed more than dos.

The only thing that sticks in my mind was a teleporter in a bathtub or shower stall. Also had an eye switch. It may have had quake like enemies.
So, if you know of any wads that specifically have teleportation to/from a bathroom fixture, I'd love to know.

So, I'm trying to expand my currently big wad collection, and it wouldn't be complete without a mod that I used to play in December of 2010, which sadly was lost during a system crash. This is what I remember from it:

- It was compatible with Skulltag/Zandronum
- One of the weapons was a throwable Blood Orb, similar from that one from Zen Dynamics (however the orb floated on the marine's hand, with this sprite https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/64x64q90/20/yped.png)
- There was a tommygun from Blood without the altfire, it's ammo used drums like Blood instead of Doom's clips
- There was a super shotgun based on Doom 3's style ( just like this one: http://youtu.be/29yYkKvW1iI?t=25s )
- I believe it had a monster replacement wad that game together with the weapon wad in the same zip
- The Megasphere/Soulsphere was sometimes replaced by one of four rings that would fire a powerful stream of elemental energy corresponded to it's color. All the four rings could be merged into one powerful ring by using it's alt-fire
- A few weapons/monsters from Realm 667 (possibly more weapons from there than I imagined)

Thanks for your attention.

enkeli33 made an 8-map PWAD called Total Massacre. drdteam.org used to have a copy, but, well, time makes fools of us all!