Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

Doom: Redesign

Okay, from playing the ROM hack Super Metroid: Redesign, I've gotten idea for a Doom megawad:

What if someone were to take all of the Doom levels put them through the same process as SMR? Keep the same map name, theme, and aesthetic but make everything about them bigger and more intricate. Basically, Doom on steroids.

Would you be interested in someone going through with this idea?

Probably... But it would be nice to see a MAP01 concept piece, as I'm not 100% sure what you mean, it how you'd personally interpret that.

Somewhat unrelated, but I'd also like to see a redesign go in the opposite direction: smaller, more intimate engagements, for mods like Hideous Destructor.

Isn't this every megawad ever? I guess you just want one that keeps the original map themes and ramps the difficulty up to absurd levels. And fucks with the physics. So yeah, KDIZD sounds about right.

Man, Redesign was such a letdown for me. So much effort was put into that hack, but the end result is totally unfun.

Sounds like you want the IWAD levels expanded greatly, with more areas, more challenge, more..everything.

And I'd be okay with that.

I think KDiZD fits this to a T. I also enjoy the shit outta that WAD, it's the most immersive and adventure-feeling WAD I've played. Can't wait for TSoZD, even though I imagine it'll take a shitload of time. But it'll definitely be worth the wait.

Seeing how long making these wads takes (even though they're just 10 levels each), I don't think a project like this would become reality anytime soon, even with contributions from many people.

Ragnor said:

Sounds like you want the IWAD levels expanded greatly, with more areas, more challenge, more..everything.

And I'd be okay with that.

Essentially this.