Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Endocrine - what is this i dont even

Should I try making more ZDoom maps?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should I try making more ZDoom maps?

• Yes
    • No

I ZDoomed everywherrreeee.

Download.

Endocrine is a single map I made for ZDoom: I was screwing around with a texture set in ZDoom and somehow I ended up with a full map. It's kind of short and there's a boss fight at the end. Enjoy!

EDIT: Changed link. Derp.

are you sure you posted the rigth map? becouse what i have found inside is "none so vile" aka "if you don't find any secret you have to run fast" :P

ah, none so vile, legendary cryptopsy album and also coincidentally my steam name... i guess that's a sign i should finally return to mapping.

Yep. The map I got was called None So Vile and I didn't come across a part that looks like the screenie above. Though, I have to admit I did give up when I got stuck...

EDIT: I voted yes as I feel that ZDoom suffers a fair amount of undue derision around here and suffers from a lack of maps over at the ZDoom forum (mods predominantly being weapons mods over there...). More maps, the better. :)

When I read the name, I was wondering how this WAD would be related to hormones reaching long-distance targets via the bloodstream :P

I'll check it out soon

Updated link. Me am so stupid.

@Buttspit If I'm perfectly honest I just picked the name because it sounded cool. :P

just played through it. pretty cool music, reminded me of metroid prime. went well with the space station beginning, was a bit weird with the hell parts (which were nicely done by the way). didn't particularly like the jump & run passages. also, it took me a while to figure out what to do in the fan room. the transparent, glass-like floor didnt help with that, i guess a grate of some sort would have been better, but that's nit-picking. by the way, nice to see you took note of that one secret in my map01 of HE Mars with the pushable wall, or is that just a coincidence? :D

AtTheGates said:

by the way, nice to see you took note of that one secret in my map01 of HE Mars with the pushable wall, or is that just a coincidence? :D

Coincidence. :P

Timed jumping puzzles can tick some people off, 1st person platforming tend to be little wonky at times. And that fan room wasn't hard, although glass floor over the fan is not really ideal, if you get my meaning. :P

Pretty good overall.

Timed jumping sequence did tick me off. After failing a half-dozen times, I got fed up and console-flew up there. A tricky platforming sequence like this would make sense maybe for a secret with a cool reward (or maybe an alternate path to a room which allows to clear out enemies from a relatively safe vantage point), rather than for a mandatory switch you have to hit to proceed with the level.

The boss had a bit more hit points than I thought would have fit it. I did shoot at it until it died, but it had me using the linetarget command to verify that I was actually dealing damage to it.

Obsidian, I enjoyed the map a lot. I like the way you create atmosphere in your maps. The aesthetics are unusual and uncohesive, but actually seem fitting and I like that. I also found the layout and progression logic pretty good. I didn't mind the platforming at all, managed it without a problem. The boss was too tough for me, due to the fact that he sprawls a blast of high-damaging fireballs whenever I shoot him close range with an SSG. I didn't have enough endurance to mistakelessly jump whenever he attacked or to mistakelessly camp behind a pillar, so after several attempts I cheated to win. I consider it my own shame, though.

You're a good mapper. I voted yes, for sure you should! :)

oh, hi.

good stuff, the boss was too hard for me either, but that is becouse i'm not really that good.

Cacowad said:

oh, hi.

[img]

If there's a glitch there, I can't see it. Thanks for playing though guys. :D

Really enjoyed this map. It has a very nice clean shawn/stainless steel/ brushed aluminium space-age aesthtic to it that I like and the style of the music compliments it nicely.

The progressive curruption is nicely done and the more abstract elements and non-Doom colours of the later parts look great.

The map makes good use of 3D architecture and other (G)ZDoom features.

The fights were mostly of a kind that I enjoy and I found the difficulty good and it progressed well. The end boss was pretty tough but then they are supposed to be.

I found the timed jumping puzzle frustrating but then I suck at jumping puzzles. The other jumpy bits, however, were fine.

A very nice little map. Thanks for making and sharing it.

Oh, and also: don't put in the PSX/N64 sound effects. Those who like them probably already autoload them anyway; and it annoys those who don't like them. :p

Just tried out your map and it's pretty good. I echo Enjay's word on the map's theme. Also, I'm in the minority when it comes to the jump puzzles, especially the timed one. Since I'm a jumpmaze buff, I actually enjoyed them; but since I'm used to the jumping mechanics of an old skulltag version, which I used for jumpmaze, it took a few minutes of getting used to.