Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Is there a zdoom command for this?

The best way to describe it would be "use this command to use iwad default sounds with pwads that try to override them"

No. PWAD lumps always override IWAD lumps of the same name and namespace. There is nothing to switch this off.

Not possible. What you can do, however, is make yourself a PWAD with all the Doom II sounds in it. Name it something like doomsnd.wad. Then load it after everything else to override the overridden sounds with the original sounds.

You can even make a small .bat file like zdoomsnd.bat, with a command line like this:

@zdoom %* doomsnd.wad
Now instead of sending to/drag and dropping files to zdoom.exe, send them to zdoomsnd. Doomsnd.wad will always be loaded last. And if for some reason you do want to use the modified sounds, you can use the normal zdoom.exe too.

The same principle can be used for other ports too, though most will want you to add -file before %*. E.g.:
@prboom-plus -file %* doomsnd.wad

Of course, if the mod in question defines completely new sound lumps with entirely different names, you're out of luck. But if they replace the stock IWAD sounds, Gez's suggestion will work fine.

Honestly I don't know about this, but wouldn't it be possible to edit the PWAD in a WAD Editor to remove the sounds?

Zed said:

Honestly I don't know about this, but wouldn't it be possible to edit the PWAD in a WAD Editor to remove the sounds?

And risk seeing the rest of the content (or lack thereof) before playing it? Not a good idea.

Zed said:

Maybe somebody else could do it, and give him the "clean" version.

Well, it's a pretty large file... I'd like to remove most of the sounds but it would be way too much work, however one of the pain sounds... I opened it in SLADE and deleted the "offending" wav, but it didn't seem to make a difference, it's somehow still there. It's just a loud, yelled "FUCK" that sounds ridiculous - the only bad thing about the wad. https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&confirm=no_antivirus&id=0B5wxdPnZcqXjZjRlNzNjMmItN2U1YS00NTVlLWE1MDItODgyM2U3ODk1YmYw