Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Pretty amazing TC ("Shadow Mavericks Multi-p wad")

These don't really do it justice (only including the first one for the 3d model gun and high res textures) and in the second one you can't see the rain... Trust me, I was going to make a thread asking how advanced Doom has become compared to the quake engine, decided that it was around Quake 2 level... this wad has convinced me that it's more around q3 level.

http://i.imgur.com/yQStBN2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zuVrEdO.jpg

Hah, this old thing.

I've not played it for years, but it always seemed a bit bloated for it's own good to be honest. I don't want to even think about what's been added since then.

I opened the first screenshot and saw a weird emo hardcore Tails (of Sonic the Hedgehog fame) poster and I'm leaving this thread now ok bye

There are *much* better TCs. Check out Jurassic Rift or Ghouls VS Humans for examples of Zandro-specific, and Virus or Harmony or Adventures of Square or Batman Doom for non-MP specific stuff.

This is a HQ wad btw, which are p much designed as ingame chatrooms with the occasional acs minigame. I dunno about anyone else but I'd rather just join a server dedicated to something gameplay-oriented.

Marcaek said:

There are *much* better TCs. Check out Jurassic Rift or Ghouls VS Humans for examples of Zandro-specific, and Virus or Harmony or Adventures of Square or Batman Doom for non-MP specific stuff.

This is a HQ wad btw, which are p much designed as ingame chatrooms with the occasional acs minigame. I dunno about anyone else but I'd rather just join a server dedicated to something gameplay-oriented.

Virus and Harmony are good from a technical standpoint, but I find it hard to find a TC that still has doom-like gameplay, e.g similar weapons and same setting as doom, but everything new.

So, a TC that's not really a TC in intent.

How 'bout Freedoom? Similar weapons, similar setting, but everything is new.

Or Mechadon's "Supplice", whenever it'll be finished. I think everything's changed except monsters.

Otherwise... Heretic.