Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sicamore

Doom Scarydarkfast

There's also a paperback (c. $30 new), and you can see quite a lot of preview material via "look inside":

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0472051911/

But yes, those prices are high for a 200-page book that is mostly just text. (I am a publisher of books that are mostly text, so I am aware of the economics here.) They can't be expecting to sell many copies. Maybe just a couple of thousand print-run, or print-on-demand.

Looks kinda cool and interesting, but I'm not so sure it's worth the high(-ish) price tag.

I read that sneak-peek on Amazon. Seems fairly interesting, and kind of reminds me of Masters of Doom.

Gonna go ahead and buy one. It will make a good read and addition to my collection.

I want hardcover version of this, paperbacks are bitch when trying to make neat hc collection and their spines get all mangled up if read too many times

I bet I'd love that book, I loved Masters Of Doom. I wonder if they'll ever come out with an audiobook version, that might be less expensive and I won't have to wait for a copy to ship.

The book is also available for free here (with a Creative Commons license), and let me tell you, it's one hell of a read so far. I've only read through a couple of chapters but there's already quite a lot of interesting perspective on stuff (the level-by-level analyses) and e.g. chapter 6 provides a couple of interesting trivia I've never seen before.