Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

General Rainbow Bacon said:

Okay, fixed it so you can't do that anymore. Now do an NM speed :P

Just because of that asshole move nobody will do demos for you (unless they want to troll me or something)

That was really hard on Ultra-Violence, nice work. No armor until later on and lots of hitscan monsters, but still possible

Rampage470 said:

Call me stupid, but what map does it replace?

MAP01

Well, here's an UV-Speed demo. Now where are my extra points??

Really though, I had an FDA for the first version but I had to quit after a while and never finished the map. In that I made it to the final horde in my second attempt but I got bitch-slapped pretty hard when I made some poor route decisions after heading out of the ledge area. Could've posted that too but I forgot to change the demo file name before starting an another round later... So then I did that UV-Speed shit instead cause why not. Not that it's very good though heh.

Pretty fun map. Dunno why but I thought this map had some ToD-vibes going on and after about 20 secs in the map I was absolutely certain that the central cube would lower at some point, revealing a ridiculous slaughterfest. Was not disappointed, although it wasn't overly ridiculous after all. The AVs make the most of the challenge really, other stuff seemed manageable enough.

I failed miserably in this map. I went in with a way to relaxed attitude, and death soon happened 6 times under 20 seconds per death...

But the idea seems nice, might feel the need to beat this one day or another.

HK!D said:

MAP01

No matter what I try, it still ends up loading the default MAP01.

Rampage470 said:

No matter what I try, it still ends up loading the default MAP01.

what port / what is your process / can you load other levels?

Great map, GRB! I had all I wanted on HNTR. Died 4 times thanks to your diabolical design and enemy placement. The feel was genuine Doom 2 Sandy Petersen style. Fast and frantic, a real pulse-pounder.

Natch, I gotta make style comments and point out the many violations of the Floor Texture Rule. I think some work on lighting could improve the look, too, but the gameplay rocks!

plums said:

what port / what is your process / can you load other levels?

Yeah, I can load any other wad. I right click on the wad file, hit open with Skulltag, the select Doom 2. I also tried with Zandronum, ZDoom, and GZDoom. Same thing happens.

Rampage470 said:

Yeah, I can load any other wad. I right click on the wad file, hit open with Skulltag, the select Doom 2. I also tried with Zandronum, ZDoom, and GZDoom. Same thing happens.

Weird. Maybe the download didn't finish somehow? What's the filesize, it should be ~121 KB.